Bungee type in cold water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Wibble turned me on to his solution. Knott your number up front and use the tails the grab and pull the loop.

Sorry, I don't have any photos handy.

I have a boltsnap on my loop bungees. They are clipped to my waist dring when not in use.
I jump in the water, unhook my top cylinder boltsnap, unclip the bungee and put it over the valve.
Getting out of the water is the reverse.
I don't need to feel around for a bungee if it is clipped where it should be.
Is the bolsnap then hanging in the free when you have the bungee over the valve?

I just use 6mm and they are pretty long. Secret seems to be getting the bands high enough on the cylinder that the bungees don't carry much weight.

Some photos of the bungee mods here

N.B. Post 11 shows a couple of pictures of the bungees on the sidemounted cylinders.

The main benefit of the knot is it can be easily adjusted. The lashing tidies up the tails and works as an excellent handle.
sidemounted-bailout-3-jpg.741737

N.B. Post 11 shows a couple of pictures of the bungees on the sidemounted cylinders.

The main benefit of the knot is it can be easily adjusted. The lashing tidies up the tails and works as an excellent handle.
Cool, thanks 😁

I have a question. Just to be sure.

I tried to draw it on a picture. 😂
Is the bungee around the neck of the tank (B), or as the traditional bungee around the valve? (A)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240309_074253_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240309_074253_Gallery.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20240309_074034_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240309_074034_Chrome.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 33
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom