Bustin a gut!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had my son certified as soon as I did my OW, and we did dive #5 together. Since then probably 80% of my dives have been with him as my buddy. Awesome.

My other favorite buddy is my brother who I did my OW with, and who is the one who got me to try it in the first place. Unfortunately due to distance we don't get to dive together too often.

But this weekend it looks like we will all 3 be diving together. Doesn't get any better.

Have a blast with your daughter. Being underwater together is a special experience to share.

Congrats, I can't wait to dive with my daughter again but it will be a year at least as she is overseas at University. However I am planning to arrange something special after she graduates next June.

Enjoy your dives in Florida :)

I got my son certified as a high school graduation present. We got two dives together a number of years ago. Then he joined the USAF and they have seen fit to keep him too busy to get the chance to do it again. And the way things appear to be going he is gonna be busy for quite a long time.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the great replies and encouragement !! DD I did not mean to imply that you are "old" . I don't know you well enough to insult you!! I meant that I am the "old man" in the nice sense. I am however 60 and she is 35. So I guess I am getting old, don't feel it yet. She has started some college classes and that may limit our trip to Florida time wise. Will still be a good time and heading south in the winter from the northern NY/Canada border in January can't be a bad thing. As I type this I think, why in the hell did I wait so long to do this? Oh, well, it's happening now and I can't wait!!

Your excitement and pride is certainly palatable.

All my children, now grown adults began diving at a very young age and all like your daughter attended college and received advanced degrees-I was excited for them when they began diving at a "very young age" and very proud when they received the title of "Doctor."

My son and name sake, who is a ER/Hyperbaric doc and a Pro 5000 has three young daughters who are now perusing the family diving tradition of enjoying recreational diving under the tutelage of grandpa & daddy.

Perhaps this recent article about me and a diving family my in some small way be inspirational to you and yours...

~~~ Central Coast diving legend Sam Miller receives a big honor | Cover Story | Santa Maria Sun, CA ~~~

SDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom