Buying a BC for the first time, stuck between the Zeagle Brigade and Seaquest Black

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but there was a point brought up about dumpable rear weights....

I was under the impression that the rear weights do not need to be dumpable, because you typically divide your weights about 70%/30% front/back when you use rear weights. Once you dump the front weights you should be sufficiently buoyant even with the rear weights. True or False?

Archer_Pensacola:
Don't mean to hijack this thread, but there was a point brought up about dumpable rear weights....

I was under the impression that the rear weights do not need to be dumpable, because you typically divide your weights about 70%/30% front/back when you use rear weights. Once you dump the front weights you should be sufficiently buoyant even with the rear weights. True or False?

In my opinion, that is true...

ScottZeagle:
In my opinion, that is true...

The Zeagle god has spoken! :god:

I agree, not needed.

I do like buying American. I do like products that are designed by people who actually use and support them. It sounds like a good product and BC to me, plus there are no comparisons on the warranties. Zeagle wins hands down there. I think I'm sold. :07: Your description of Larry showing the differences in quality was the kicker. Thanks for the info. Do scubaboard members still get a discount at ScubaToys? :D (I'm such a nub)

paulwalker77477:
Do scubaboard members still get a discount at ScubaToys? :D (I'm such a nub)
Yep 10% at last notice..you MUST talk with Larry to get the discount.

Back
Top Bottom