Buying small things ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Musicgirl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I'm looking for where I can buy small things like accessories (dive knives, torch, etc) and parts (mouthpieces, etc). I live in Pattaya and I find the shops here only sell the big things (wetsuits, bc's etc) and it's not easy to find much selection or variety in the small things. I can get to Bangkok easily, but not planning to make any special trips anywhere else just for these small items (not going to go to Phuket or Koh Tao just to but a mouthpiece, for example). Does anyone know where a good place to buy in Bangkok or online while in thailand?

Thanks.

Very close to the departure point of Giamani in Chalomg are 2 shops with a wide selection, Siam Diving Enterprises and Aquamaster. Either of those 2, or both, would enable you to buy anything you like.

The best bet for equipment in Pattaya would probably be Pattaya dive centre on Beach Rd if you have not already tried there. But as you have noticed none of the shops in this area seem to keep a great range of stock.

Yeah, I dive regularly with PDC and Seafari. They don't keep much stock. I'm in Pukhet at the moment so hoping to get the shops near the boat terminal in Chalomg. And when I get back to Pattaya, I plan to research Bangkok dive shops.

I actually was in Dive Supply in Bangkok last week....they did have a mouthpiece for me. But very little else. Limited selection in torches and dive knives. I was also looking for a handful of other things...tech strap for my computer, some small (thin) clips, maybe new booties...and it was pretty sad as for selection.

I wonder if there is a Thai online shop? To avoid having to ship in but maybe with larger selection.

I actually was in Dive Supply in Bangkok last week....they did have a mouthpiece for me. But very little else. Limited selection in torches and dive knives. I was also looking for a handful of other things...tech strap for my computer, some small (thin) clips, maybe new booties...and it was pretty sad as for selection.

I wonder if there is a Thai online shop? To avoid having to ship in but maybe with larger selection.

If you are going to buy online, you will probably find, even allowing for carriage charges it will be cheaper to buy from your own country. I only ever buy dive gear in Thailand out of absolute necessity, opting where possible to buy things when I am back in the UK.
As you have seen, availability in Thailand is limited, and what is available I generally find to be at least 40% overpriced.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom