BW Dive conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah,

But he didn't see any Mola's in that 200+ viz.... That is reserved for us in Monterey with our 30+ viz... :)

We saw a dead mola at Lovers last week...the sea lions love to bite off the fins so they can't swim and lay on their sides...then they toss them around like a game till they tire and the mola dies...one of those nasty nature things...

Yeah,

But he didn't see any Mola's in that 200+ viz.... That is reserved for us in Monterey with our 30+ viz... :)

But we did see Manta Rays and Spotted Eagle Rays. :wink:

And the vis got even better below 200 ft.

Last dive was Devil's Throat, where we violated not only the Devil's Throat, but every other orifice he had, too.

Where are the pics, proving you were below 200 ft? I need verifiable empirical data; will take a DECO bottle pic of you if you have it.... :)

Nice pictures Danno! Who's your new buddy with the green suite? I've never seen him in MOCAL. :bounce: :bounce:

I passed on a night dive because of an equipment issue - but dive partners saw 7-8 dead/dying Mola Mola's along the wall last with eaten fins :(.

Several different groups of BW divers exiting the water around 6pm last night, told stories of seeing live Mola, Molas.

When I've seen live molas swimming around at BW, they've been out at the Metridium fields or the Barge. More often than not they've already lost a fin/had a chunk taken out of them by sea lions.

Guy

When I went out Saturday, I saw large schools of Mola's--perhaps 50+ in each cluster. In fact, I probably saw more Mola's on Saturday than I have seen in all the dives I've done in Monterey put together! What was sad, though, was the number lying on the bottom missing their fins, yet still very much alive. I didn't keep count, but would guess I saw over 200 of them like this. They were all in the 50' - 65' range. Out past that, the floor was carpeted with the largest squid eggs I've ever seen. That continued out to a little over 70'. It was really quite beautiful.

Hi Bruce,

Sounds fantastic. Where did you dive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom