C-Card information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My SDI card has LDS name, instructor name, diver #, date of issue, OW, and RSTC member (whatever that is) and my name.

DennisS:
My ol YMCA card says Open Water Scuba Diver and my name, that's all the info anyone needs. Fill my tank, here's my boat fee.

I agree. The dive op can always ask for a current drivers license. People change over time. People get married, divorced with the name changes too. Lots of variables.

Tigerman:
I tend to disagree.. A picture and DOB at the minimum should be required. No picture and no DOB means I can just steal someone elses card and say im John Smith and use their card...

May I see your ID/Drivers license and c card Mr Smith. C card + ID. The demographic marketeers want all the c card data, the c card is not for ID. My TDI nitrox card and Dan card don't have DOB or a picture

Amen 123scuba.com,
I'm an old NASDS diver & I still have (and carry) my TIC Card in addition to my SSI C-Card. My SSi card is no more than an authorization to buy air. I do miss NASDS.

OK, I found it. RSTC is Regional Scuba Training Council.

Each certification card in PADI has a new or different number.

Charlie59:
Each certification card in PADI has a new or different number.
Once you go pro, you keep the same number for the other pro certs, although I believe you'll still get new numbers if you get non-pro certs.

randyjoy:
Recreational Scuba Training Council. It's the U.S. arm of the World RSTC. See http://www.wrstc.com

Although called "world" they are about as worldwide a body as the US "world series".

CMAS affiliates are far more common outside the USA who set their own standards etc.

Every time you get a new C-Card you will get a new number, untill you become Pro. Then you get a perm Number.

::edit:: need to read all previous posts first :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom