Cabs from ferry in PDC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kryssa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The husband and I will be travelling back from the Cozumel by ferry and staying a few nights near Puerto Morelos.

Is it easy to find a cab once you get off the ferry in PDC? Or should we pre-book a private transfer?

It would be better to grab a cab so we don't have to stick to a schedule that day and can instead wake up and have a relaxing breakfast and head over the ferry whenever we want. If we pre-book a private car, we would have to take a specific ferry since they would meet us an arranged time.

Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Is it easy to find a cab once you get off the ferry in PDC?
You will need to beat them off with a stick. Just negotiate your price up front. Last month my brother helped out a couple of Asian women who wanted a cab to a street a few blocks back of the ferry terminal. The cabbie they were talking to wanted to charge them the price of a trip to Cancun.

Good to know. We are going to stay at Excellence Riviera Cancun and its about 2 miles north of Puerto Morelos. Any idea what a ballpark cab fare would be? I just want to make sure we don't get ripped off.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

We took the ferry over from Cozumel last December. I think we saw more cabs than tourists.

Hi Nicolas,

The only problem with hiring a shuttle is that we don't know which ferry we will take ahead of time. Thanks for the suggestion though :)

---------- Post added November 25th, 2013 at 09:07 PM ----------

Just wanted to bump this thread...

Anyone know the ballpark cab fare from the ferry to Puerto Morelos so we don't get ripped off?

Thanks!

I've only hired a cab once in PDC, and I was escaping a hurricane so probably paid too much - and he may not have been a licensed taxi?

The drivers should have rate cards, that they don't want to show. I googled the question and the most popular answers are around 380-400 pesos for up to 4 people. The cab from Puerto Morelos to the Cancun airport should be the same. There should actually be large signs with rates at both locations.

The last time I took a cab in Playa del Carmen was a few months ago, and there was a fare chart next to the taxi stand outside the bus station. Right around here.

Back
Top Bottom