Californial Lobster Season Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When the lobster come out of the water at night, they are glowing from all the chemicals in the water, don't even know how you can eat that stuff :)

When the lobster come out of the water at night, they are glowing from all the chemicals in the water, don't even know how you can eat that stuff :)

The glow of the lobster makes for a romantic dinner, better than candlelight.

I went to Naples Reef North of Santa Barbara and I caught three keepers two weekends ago. Haven't had time to post until now. So far, I have seen far fewer bugs than I usually have in past years. I have me own boat so I can usually get to to hard to get to places, but still this year has been tough for finding bugs for me. I am waiting to hear from someone who has been consistantly nailing them?

Got 5 Saturday am at a La Jolla Reef. Viz was 10 - 15 ft. and the surge wasn't to bad, though the surf was picking up. My beach exit was less than elegant, to say the least. Usually they have moved deeper this time of year, but we haven't had any really big swells yet; I'm still finding them in 10 -20 ft.

Late to post, but December 6th I dove Anacapa Island--the part that is protected 10 months of the year for Pelicans I believe it is the Northern most part on the coastal side. My buddy and I were able to find four lobsters in about 20 feet of water--still shallow. However, the place had already been pretty picked clean and most of the commercial pots were even empty. There was a commercial pot about every 10 feet! The water temp was about 60 degrees and the viz was about 30ft. I felt lucky to find them, that was the catch for two of us doing two dives each. We were checked by the game warden I might mention.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom