Calling All Cold Water Photographers. Help me join your ranks.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The pictures from BC section of my website are taken with a nikonos film camera using kodachrome 64 film. Also scanning the slides it does get darker than the slide. In film days the white balance was the film you used. Ectachrome film was blueish, fujichrome fim was greenish and kodachrome was the best i found as it emphasized reds and yellows. Now with digital white balance is set on your computer if you shoot raw. So much easier. Also in digital it picks up light so much better. I always use to shoot full power in the film days. Now with the same strobe with digital i use 1/2 power for the same type of shot.
On my nikonos camera i used ASA 64, speed 90 and adjusted aperture to the distance. I used full power for flash

I ended up with a Sony RX-100, Ike housing, YS-D1 strobe, plus tray and arms for under the $2K limit. It's way more camera than I can master at this time so it gives me room to grow. I do use it in Puget Sound and does a great job. If you get to Seattle, Optical Oceans on Lake Union is a great source of info.

Great little compact camera with great IQ and fantastic strobes... I have the Nauticam housing and everything fits into a carry on camera bag... Who needs big DSLR systems now days?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom