Calling All Zeagle Owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Moss, sent you a PM.

Austin

Love my Ranger. designed and built very well. Super adjustable and comfortable. Never had an air trapping problem. The pockets take a little getting used to, but then they're great, even with 12 pounds in each weight pocket. Love the double band system, too. The lower band is easy to reach UW. I don't use the trim pouches for weights, but they make a great pockets for stuff like a spare light or knife, too!

Not cheap though, and the double band system takes a little extra effort with some boat racks when mounted. I'd buy it again

After trying several BC's, I now use the Brigade that SubaToys sells and I love it. It's very comfortable, very functional and works great for me.

I dive with a Zeagle Tech and love it. A lot of divers up here that I dive with use the Ranger, but didn't care too much for it in comparison to the Tech. The Tech has a bigger bladder (70# I believe) which gives me enough room to upgrade to doubles if I ever choose to, plus a lot more D-rings and no annoying cumberbund.

I've only experienced two issues with the Tech - one was my fault which Zeagle fixed for free - my weight pouch zipper broke off when it got caught on the little fabric piece inside the pocket - and the inflator button stopped worked - which my dive shop repaired - it seemed to have been a problem with a specific run of Zeagle BCs or something.

I love the comfort of the BC and relatively bulletproof design. In the unlikely event I'll ever need a new BC, Zeagle is at the top of my list.

Randall:
After trying several BC's, I now use the Brigade that SubaToys sells and I love it. It's very comfortable, very functional and works great for me.
Randall,
Did you happen to purchase the little yellow weight pocket inserts that Scubatoys sells as accessories to the Zeagle BC's? If so, can you tell me the benefits achieved with them?

Thanks,

Mozz

mozz:
Randall,
Did you happen to purchase the little yellow weight pocket inserts that Scubatoys sells as accessories to the Zeagle BC's? If so, can you tell me the benefits achieved with them?

Thanks,

Mozz

The benefit of the yellow weight pouches is that your weights don't move around in the BC. There is a center velcro piece inside that holds your weight and keeps it more contained than simply putting a loose piece of lead in the weight pocket of the BC.

If you are using a large amount of weight, obviously there is less room for movement, however, if you are using a lower amount of weight, they really come in handy.

Also, if you are wearing a lot of weight, you can unzip the BC weight pocket and hand your weight pouches up before you climb the ladder.

Scott

and if you drop a yellow weight pouch under the boat you've got a better chance of finding it, compared to a hunk of lead.

All of my student's gear is Zeagle: BCs and Regs! They are incredibly versatile and easy to adjust. Their Customer service has set the standard for YEARS.

Downside? Students don't like to give them back! Bwahahahaha!

Now if they only made a computer! :D

Scott, go for it!
Get us a serious computer in a decent price! like all your equipment, serious but decent!

If you want a list of specs, just post a message here, I'm sure everyone has plenty of ideas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom