Calm, flat, inviting, deceptive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guy,

How long does Monterey, Carmel sustain these upwellings? That is, how long will the cold stay in the water column?

You gave specific months to when she appears, but it's interesting to know when it ends.

Would like to get a general consensus, so I can start diving during the middle of the week to take advantage of such rare but nice conditions.

MG

Mike, Brian, Matt and Vesseli,
Thanks for the dive Saturday. Mike, thanks for the laughs :)
Our Essentials class starts tomorrow and I have a cold. I know the pool temp is around 80, hoping to be better by this weekend else I'll be miserable.
Fingers crossed!

Mike, Brian, Matt and Vesseli,
Thanks for the dive Saturday. Mike, thanks for the laughs :)
Our Essentials class starts tomorrow and I have a cold. I know the pool temp is around 80, hoping to be better by this weekend else I'll be miserable.
Fingers crossed!

Positive thoughts! I'm sure you'll be fine. :D

Thanks Brian, you're right. Mind over matter. And vitamin C. I'm going to try to finish the online cousework for the third time tonight, in advance of the class tomorrow. Matt, I see you reading. Are you done with the online stuff?

Guy,

How long does Monterey, Carmel sustain these upwellings? That is, how long will the cold stay in the water column?

You gave specific months to when she appears, but it's interesting to know when it ends.

Would like to get a general consensus, so I can start diving during the middle of the week to take advantage of such rare but nice conditions.

MG

It will be cold for months, Mike. IME it's not something that suddenly appears and then disappears after a few days. Once the water gets cold, it will stay cold until the ocean gradually warms up. NW winds are pretty constant in the summer, except on the rare occasions when there's a high inland and we get an offshore flow.

Guy

Kristina,

Defintely start OD'ing on the vitamin C. Remind me about the portable stove. I'll see if I have some apple cider for you & Nesher during the SI as well.

As far as the online stuffs goes, I'm reviewing the things now.

Thanks Brian, you're right. Mind over matter. And vitamin C. I'm going to try to finish the online cousework for the third time tonight, in advance of the class tomorrow. Matt, I see you reading. Are you done with the online stuff?

I am wishing you guys the very best and am sure you are in the best hands with Don. Kristina, I do hope your cold subsides soon, maybe even over night.

Saturday I will be working at the dive shop and then Sunday, I am on the Silver Prince doing a really cool dive, in search of the Wolf eel.

Should be for a very exciting dive on the SP, don't know the dive site, it's a surprise!

After my boat dive I will be headed over to Break Water in hopes of seeing your last dives and maybe just viewing from the rocks, cheering for your success.

It's going to be some work, but so much fun when she is complete, you will walk away a better diver, I promise... :)

MG

Is that a money back guarantee Mike? :D

Have fun on Sunday Mike, give us a good debrief of what happens.

I am wishing you guys the very best and am sure you are in the best hands with Don. Kristina, I do hope your cold subsides soon, maybe even over night.

Saturday I will be working at the dive shop and then Sunday, I am on the Silver Prince doing a really cool dive, in search of the Wolf eel.

Should be for a very exciting dive on the SP, don't know the dive site, it's a surprise!

After my boat dive I will be headed over to Break Water in hopes of seeing your last dives and maybe just viewing from the rocks, cheering for your success.

It's going to be some work, but so much fun when she is complete, you will walk away a better diver, I promise... :)

MG

Fingers crossed!

Kristina, I've found two things that help me overcome a cold more quickly:

If it is a sore throat, I use Zinc-glucamate (sp?) such as is found in Cold-Eze cough drops.

For a head cold, I use a saltwater nasal rinse.

Unfortunately neither remedy works 100%. :(

I hope you get better soon enough to enjoy your class -- especially with all that you have sacrificed to get here. I wish I could join you, but my schedule doesn't allow it this time.

Good luck with class.

Plans changed radically...

I couldn't get my schedule changed from SUN to SAT, so that means work Sunday and no Silver Prince for me... :(

So I'm free on Saturday for diving... I would love to get a nice dive at the Break Water, either doubles or singles...

So do I have any dive buddies available?

MG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom