Camcorders, Housings and Lights.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jason21:
Hi all. I'm new to this forum and was really impressed with all the info people share here. I've just bought a Sony HC1 and want to get an underwater housing for it. I'm considering the Light and Motion Bluefin or StingrayIII so far. Does anyone have any experience with this camera and Light and Motion or other housings?
Cheers, Jason.
I have had horrendous reliability problems with my Stingray 2 and Sunray lights. They have cost me an enormous amount of lost time, effort and money and I've seen others with similar problems. I would only advise a masochist to buy an L&M housing.

shroy002:
Top Dawg System II by light and motion
Sony TRV 33
Wide angle lense
UR/Pro Color correcting filter

I have found the top dawg system to be very flexible--can use quite a large number of cameras.

Bought the system because it contained everything I needed to get started including a carrying case. System included housing, carrying case, two lights with charger, extra o rings, extra lights. With plenty of room for extras in the case (tapes, batteries etc.)

One thing that I initially thought was a drawback was the fact that I would have to mount a color correcting lense on my camera--I was very envious of those gates users who had the flip filters. After using the system for 9 months or so I always mount the red filter which drastically improves color at depth--since I realized I can vary easily remve the red from topside or shallow/sunny shots with my editing program.

Overall I have been ecsatic with the system--and even now as I consider upgrading my camera--I can do so without having to buy an all new housing for it--now if I could just find an excellent sony TRV 950 for cheap.

Any questions feel free to ask :)

using sony TRV 33, how you manual seeting white balance?? i also have TRV33, plan to buy housing for underwater video.:D

Ocean Images offers one with electronic controls. I believe that you can access W/B but email them to make sure.

Currently, I have a Sony DCR-HC1000. I've had it for about a year now and love the camera & video. I'm dying to set it up for U/W video. What I'm aiming for is this:

Amphibico Invader Housing
Sea & Sea LX 55 Video light

Any thoughts or suggestions? :06:

UPS just delivered my housing Friday!! Got one heck of a deal off E-bay.

Sony HC-1000
Ocean Images Dolphin Pro housing

Now to get it wet..the housing that is, not the camera.

sony vx-2100 camera
sea & sea vx-2100 pro housing
So far I have not used any lights, but I am considering buying some. What does everyone think of nocturnal lights? Are they any good or is there something better?
Mike

Just received the new Amphibico HD EVO housing for my Sony HDR-HC1. It appears to be a well thought out, very well machined housing. It's easy to load and the controls are all very easy to access.

Another feature - and part of the reason I bought it, is that it easily fits in my carry-on roller bag.

Will be shooting it next month in the BVI's, maybe I'll post a review here after I return.

hi crpntr133, how was the ocean images dolphin pro underwater video housing? im thinking of getting either that or the top dawg2 by L&M. what would you guys suggest? any experience with the top dawg 2 anyone? thanks

sjspeck:
Just received the new Amphibico HD EVO housing for my Sony HDR-HC1. It appears to be a well thought out, very well machined housing. It's easy to load and the controls are all very easy to access.

Another feature - and part of the reason I bought it, is that it easily fits in my carry-on roller bag.

Will be shooting it next month in the BVI's, maybe I'll post a review here after I return.

An HC1 and Amphibico housing ? Now you HAVE to post some video. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom