Can an OW instructor deny referral?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Training by the instructor or instructors is continued during the ow "training dives" .Training does not end at the pool.
I really think the term "checkout dives " is wrong..Student is still learning .. training takes place on a boat or quarry does not matter.Different environment,different conditions.Opportunity for student to learn how to judge conditions. Some people can do fine at pool but freak out during ow because of cold,wearing a hood, gloves,limited visibility etc...at the end you are certified to dive in conditions similar to what you had been TRAINED in..

Training by the instructor or instructors is continued during the ow "training dives" .Training does not end at the pool.
I really think the term "checkout dives " is wrong..Student is still learning .. training takes place on a boat or quarry does not matter.Different environment,different conditions.Opportunity for student to learn how to judge conditions. Some people can do fine at pool but freak out during ow because of cold,wearing a hood, gloves,limited visibility etc...at the end you are certified to dive in conditions similar to what you had been TRAINED in..
:confused:

How ON EARTH does that justify an instructor not completing an OW student's checkout dives given scads of advanced notice? Considering that the eventual OW instructor did her checkouts in the *exact* same conditions as her original instructor?

How ON EARTH does that justify an instructor not completing an OW student's checkout dives given scads of advanced notice? Considering that the eventual OW instructor did her checkouts in the *exact* same conditions as her original instructor?

what are you writing about?? All I wrote is that "checkout"dive is a false term on what to call the ow training dives..during the 4 dives there is still training going on,not truly checkout dives.

what are you writing about?? All I wrote is that "checkout"dive is a false term on what to call the ow training dives..during the 4 dives there is still training going on,not truly checkout dives.
Well that explains my confusion, anyway. I though you were posting that about the OP at the beginning of this thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom