Can I vent a little?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar
you have nothing to complain about I give you a typical day for me up at 5 am work at 6 am 24 hrs long time run calls all day, get blood , vomit, piss you name it on you even been shot at several times two years ago answered a 911 alarm at elderly ladies house at 3 am you know them 911 alert little alarms went off well guess what we nocked on her door boom I was shoot mid chest with 357 mag yes I lived but it has changed allot of things in my life , oh let me go on with pay I make tops 32K year with over time
we work 24 hrs on duty and 48 hrs off but typically due to ems shortage we oftain work 48 hr shifts
so dont try to even come close to making to us you have it baD
OH AND I FORGOT THE NONE DRIVING FOOLS AND THE WEATHER ALL TYPE ECT ECT !!!!!

Thinking about this decision makes every single emotion run through me..excitement, fear, etc etc.
It's called feeling alive!

jepuskar once bubbled...
I thought feeling alive is when you finish? Or is that a feeling of being tired?
That's the thought of wanting a beer, a smoke, and sleep... :D

Why not look at someplace like Hawaii etc where you can do IT and Dive weekends. Sounds like if you like IT find a better place to do it. Young no ties you can go anywhere you want but your feild is pretty competitive. If its like up here our colleges are cranking out IT folks like crazy and there is a massive job market for welders and carpenters, huge shortages right now in all the trades. I sat on the Board of Governers of a regional college here and we continued to be behind the curve on what the job market needed. By the time we train IT the market is trades now with the shortage of trades 5 years from now we will prob be short of IT. If you are single and wanderlust has touched you go for it cause later in life it wont be that easy. So put your sandals on get a ticket and go. 2-3 years of Island life you should hit the job market curve back in the world about right.

Cherry

and it makes me want to move...

Especially Drew Sailbum's one year update...

I am going to make the move. Either to the islands (I dont know which one) or Florida...

Actually, Ive been thinking about this for a while... Went to belize last week, and had a nice time in the water....
Then went to Key West and got spoiled with the nice 82+ degree weather... Yeah, I'm really jonesing for the warm air, and the warm water. Im going diving this weekend, and Im really a little scared to think what the water temp is going to be...

The short short version is ski on a mole hill and dive in a puddle. I can't wait to graudate and move far far away.

I am stuck in Cincinnati for the time being. The local ski area is crwded and only has 400 vertical feet. The owner is running it in to the ground because he cares more about money than the quality of the experience. I think we got about 30 inches of snow this year and the road crews suck so I can't even get out to enjoy it. The off season between skiing and diving is long at best...especially when you don't own a drysuit. And to top things off my wife to be is having a hard time finding a job and we are getting married on two months. Now if i were out of school things woudl be a little simpler. I am planning to move far far west to Hawaii. As close to the best of everything.....good diving and a real city to find work in. But would have to give up skiing regularly, but I am willing to compormise some.

jepuskar once bubbled...
[B
I know some people whos idea of a great vacation is going to Canada in the winter...each to their own..

;-0 ;-0 [/B]

You're missing the best part though. You move up to Vancouver or Victoria, you're getting some top notch diving areas, and the temperature is about 2 - 10 degrees Celsius in winter, and about 10 - 20 in summer. Just perfect. Yeah, it rains sometime, but don't believe everything you hear.

You can go skiing in the morning, then on your way back do some diving and/or mountain climbing (of course you would climb first... ;-)).

Its great out here... and I dont' really want to move away... but I may have to... :(

:sigh:

I believe I have said a couple times that I have it pretty easy right now..you know..living with my parents, hardly any bills, etc etc...I will admit that I am complaining about the lack of interesting diving in my area (to me anyways). I dont understand where you interpret me crying poor mouth.....thinking about moving someplace else is a big step for anyone....I thought by posting my thoughts and getting opinions from some members...I get see different views or find similiar

If you have that rough of a day..maybe YOU need to consider something else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom