Can Lingcod get that big?, Christmas Tree Cove 11.12.09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I understand the very large ones aren't good eating, anyway, and tend to have a lot of parasites in the flesh.

Yes that is true and I am not anti spear hunting. But there is a dive shop in Garibaldi Or that has an alarming number of pictures of trophy fish on the wall.

Yes that is true and I am not anti spear hunting. But there is a dive shop in Garibaldi Or that has an alarming number of pictures of trophy fish on the wall.

I don't think very highly of trophy hunters, be they of the land or aquatic kind.

But I think that for SoCal, it's pretty hard to find big lingcods out here nowadays. The biggest one I saw was at Farnsworth and it was probably 2-ft long.

I don't think very highly of trophy hunters, be they of the land or aquatic kind.
I'll agree with that.

The biggest one I saw was at Farnsworth and it was probably 2-ft long.
Barely legal, 22" is the minumum size for take.

Yes there is, that would be Doug's. Garibaldi is where my family and I would do our biannual rockfish/lingcod fishing charter. Pulling up a big ling from 200'+ is loads of fun! The locals call them "bucketheads".

Barely legal, 22" is the minumum size for take.[/QUOTE]

Actualy it's 24" for lingcod, 22" is for Halibut :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom