Can somebody please give me dive shop references in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just returned from a group trip to Key Largo. Our group consisted of divers from many certification levels, as well as a 10-year old going through his open-water certification. The dive operation we chose was Rainbow Reef Dive Center, and we felt that they were perfectly suited to take care of our entire group of divers. They run a PADI Instructor Development Center and maintain two PADI Course Directors on staff. If your two newbies are just getting certified, their instructor will be on the boat with them and will dive with them during the certification process, while you will have access to the included dive guide or may choose to "do your own thing". Once they are certified, they will be free to dive with you. Except for the weather, our group dive trip with Rainbow Reef was perfect :D

My wife and I dove this past weekend with Bluewater Divers in Key Largo. Had a great time with Cristi and Eric. Good size boat that made it an easy ride out to the reefs. Max of 10 but they'll go out with as few as 2 divers. First person to book the trip picks the location. We just turned it over to Eric and he found great spots for us to dive. This was our third trip with them.

In Tavernier you have one of the best dive charters I have ever used Conch Republic Divers. There is also the Florida Keys Dive Center just down the road, also a good op and I heard there is a new op there as well but I know nothing about them. If you want to drive down to MM80 you will find Seamonkey Watersports in back of the Hampton Inn that runs a 6 pack out to Alligator reef. They always put a guide in the water on every dive so your less experienced divers can stay with the guide while the others do their thing.

I am taking myself and 3 other family members on a quickie dive vacation to Key Largo. I have not dived off of Largo in many years. I don't know anything about the dive shops there. Can anybody give me some recommendations? We'll probably be staying in Tavernier. We are two experienced divers and two newbies. I want the newbies to feel safe and well-instructed. I want the experienced divers to have a stimulating time. Any suggestions? Thanks so much! Patrick

Hey Patrick,

If we can answer any questions about diving with us or any other dive operation here in the Keys, please don't hesitate to ask. First and foremost we all want you to have a great time diving here and have the safest and memorable ime you can while visiting. There are a lot of dive operations here and everyone has their favorite. So call around and ask questions would be my suggestion. Go with the one you feel comfortable with.

Hope you're dive trip is a fantastic one.

Good Diving,
Capt Gary

I'm gonna throw AKA dive charters in here they are a 6 pack boat and in my opinion they are 10 star we dove with them last week and some other dive shops so far no one comes close to the service

Hi,

I am only a couple hours drive from Largo and go from May - November during the warmer water months. Here is my two cents worth depending on what you are looking for.

Horizon - great location by major hotels, unguided dives unless you want a guide which is extra. Great flat double hull boat for shallow dives, easy in and out. Deep dives they use a smaller boat but not bad. Small boat is not that protected from the sun, large boat is well protected from the sun on about 1/2 of the boat.

Rainbow Reef - great location by major hotels, guided dives on every trip around the reefs including deep dives. Larger single hull boats, one has two decks and you can go upstairs for air and sun on the way out and back.

Both of these have some great people who work the boats. Largo has the best reefs if you like fish and corals.

I got certified years ago by Silent World and they were good to me too.

A little south I am also used Florida Keys Dive Center - been a while but they were really nice too, just different diving. Deeper from what I remember but nice.

If I can help out with anything else let me know.

I've had good experiences with Rainbow Reef and Ocean Divers. If you go with ocean divers, call up Force-E scuba and have them book the trip for you. It will save you $15.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom