Can someone tell me what model this poseidon reg is?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smellybear

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone tell me the mobel of the first and second stage of the poseidon reg? i think it is a cyklon metal right?? Found the numbers on the first stage are 1225u
and 38586...its part number right?

Thank you
Joe

Attachments

• 4531_1.JPG
    4531_1.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 299
smellybear:
Hi,

Can anyone tell me the mobel of the first and second stage of the poseidon reg? i think it is a cyklon metal right?? Found the numbers on the first stage are 1225u
and 38586...its part number right?

Thank you
Joe

Joe - you certainly have a Cyklon First and Second stage there, but the model number doesn't appear in US / European registers, as far as I can see. It may have been an export designation.

If you can get it checked out by an authorized technician, you will have a great reg set..

I may have been sold as an Thor, the name they had before the Cyclon. Our nick name was the "Hocky Puck" vs. the "Shower Head."

Thanks alot guys..... i have brought it down to a authorized technician (came highly recommended).... he mentioned that he have never service the first stage before and worry about the parts for the metal casing (in case he needs them) and have no problem service the second stage

That's a very early model Cyklon 300; the difference can be seen on the "nut" where the hose assembly meets the mouth tube. Old ones are smooth, newer ones are "knurled".
The model number of the 1st stage is located inside the DIN wheel, you'll need to remove the A-clamp adapter to see it. It's in all probability a #2305.
If his local Poseidon distributor can't fix him up with parts kit, give a yell. We have more old stuff here than the Smithsonian.
The #2305 1st stage takes a #3884 kit.
All the 2nd stages still use the same kit, #3551. Even the ones that are +30 years old.
Ain't they great? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom