Can VPlanner be used for repetitive dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basking Ridge Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just a question -

I have been using VPlanner more for fun than for necessity - my question is can you use VPlanner for a repetitive dive or is it only for single dive use?
I understand I can use my PDC for a second dive after I have completed my first - but I have not seen a way to use VPlanner for multiple dives.
I have not seen where VPlanner would consider nitrogen build up on a second dive.
Thanks.

VPlanner can be used for multiple dives. As long as you did not exceed the plan. For your second dive, VPlanner asks for you surface interval on the dive details page. You can plan as many dives as you like over a 30 days. VPlanner takes all gasses used into consideration.

Absolutely. Just remember the plan you get is based on the decompression model you select and how you've manipulated that particular decompression model. If you're not sure, it's best to follow a dive computer that has provided good results on the actual dive.

I do it all the time.

Thanks - found it - did not realize those settings were there on the Galaxy... My bad.

Makes a whole lot more sense now. :D

So, now that you know that you can, you may want to look at MultiDeco, also by Ross Hemingway. With Multi, you get all the features and function of VPlanner, plus the added benefit of Buhlmann for comparison purposes.

Tools are good!

Back
Top Bottom