Solved: Can you add a frown/unhappy face option to “like”

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
uncfnp

uncfnp

Solo Diver
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Is it possible to add a frown or unhappy :( face to the choices under “like?” Sometimes I want to acknowledge a post but if it is about something that is not good (coral disease in Bonaire) it seems wrong to “like” it. And the other choices work even less well.

I like the idea of the OP's suggested frown :( (or the slight-frown 🙁, or are these two the same?) for the icon. I'd suggest "Sorry to hear that" for the tooltip, if that isn't too long. If someone uses it by mistake, intending to insult the poster, well, that's just sad.

Edited. Just noticed there is a thumbs down icon.

Since we are on this subject, would a thumb down icon be better for Disagree than our current?

1659320570398.png
versus :disagree:

I just noticed a different forum in on has the little words next to the smilies and they go vertical, not sideways....

Thoughts?

Looks like a different platform, incision something.

Just a thought if these would solve the difference in smiley interpretation...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220808-170045.png
    Screenshot_20220808-170045.png
    321.6 KB · Views: 65
Pixel 3XL

just for clarity, the screen shot with the truck was from a different forum - Blue Oval Forums

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220808-172155.png
    Screenshot_20220808-172155.png
    126 KB · Views: 73
I think a sadness Reaction would be good, especially when someone dies or gets hurt.

Back
Top Bottom