Can you really have too much gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba fryd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I am a gear head and loves fiddling with equipment rn I dive Sidemount and I want a back mount set for the small dives or vacation and a back mount for dobbels when I go tech but now that I am starting to have alot of equipment it got me thinking can you have too much equipment? Anybody that have had way too Muche what's your experience.

NEVER too much equipment, in fact, you can never have enough!!!! Don't let anyone tell you anything different!

Can you have too much cloths or shoes or underwear?? Don't you have cloths for morning, evening, formal, casual, night time, bed time, seasonal?????? Same for dive equipment!!!

Doubles make excellent gas banks. You’ll need three of them for air, oxygen and helium.

Then there’s always space for a rebreather and all the additional kit that will bring.

A fantasy gas compressor for the diving RV awaits…

And you should see the underwater camera kit you can spend $$$$$’s upon. So shiny.

When you have 11 tanks due for hydro the same month, and thats not 1/2 of them, you have too much.
🔮 I foresee to the future. I can hear a noise. A repetitive noise. The noise of a compressor. Paid for by the tears of the Local Dive Shop not getting your income from testing.

You need a backup. It is requisite, that you have at least two of everything! ♊

Back
Top Bottom