Canada Voted Worst State in U.S.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Canada Voted Worst State in U.S.

A recent Gallup poll shows that Americans think Canada is the worst state in the U.S. The poll, given to a random sampling of 4,000 Americans across the country, asked the participants to write in their vote for the state they think is, among other categories, "Best," "Worst," "Ugliest," "Rednecky-est," and "Most Likely to Succeed after Graduation."

Bill McNeil of Gary, Indiana was one of the participants in the poll. "There's just something un-American about them Canadians," he says. "They talk kind of weird, they're too damn polite, their cities are clean and free of crime, they use this funny-colored money that ain't worth no more than Monopoly money. Hell, they already act like they're living in a separate country. I say, boot 'em out!"

Jack Spleenum, who conducted the poll, says that the findings bucked many earlier trends. Among some of the other results of the poll, Wyoming was voted "Best State in which to be a Buffalo," California was voted "State Most Resembling California," and South Dakota was voted "Ugliest," but also captured the "Congeniality" prize, which Spleenum maintains is "is a prestigious and important honor if you're too ugly to win the important prizes."

But, Spleenum says, "the real cream filling in this Ding-Dong of information is Canada. Over 65% of those polled selected it as the worst state. It trounced the next closest, which was Oklahoma City with 18%."

The governor of Canada could not be reached for comment.

Marc

I believe Americans will say this, sometimes they scare me, like on Jaywalking on Jay Leno he asked some Americans were Athens was they said Georgia, Montana...LMAO

The Great Orca:
I believe Americans will say this, sometimes they scare me, like on Jaywalking on Jay Leno he asked some Americans were Athens was they said Georgia, Montana...LMAO

Yes, many Americans don't know much, but unless Jay specified which Athens (Olympics, maybe? and did he actually mention the Olympics) he wanted identified, you can't fault them for Georgia. (MSNmaps shows no Athens in Montana.) People who were forced to go to the University of Georgia would know exactly where Athens is.

Wonder if Puerto Rico made the cut..

The Great Orca:

I agree. I find it incredible that those questioned on Jaywalking come up with some of the answers they do. Of course I prefer watching Nightline since I think the Leno show may attract nincompoops like those on Jaywalking. Of course, look at how close the election polls are... (you can draw your own conclusions from that statement!).

Dr. Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom