Canadian Duties on Scuba Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now my LDS suggests online dealers are playing bait & switch and that product is only warrantied in the country it is purchased.

This kind of aggravation is almost enough to make a person give up diving...

Jimmer:
I just bought the last two Oceanic Omega's from LeisurePro, they shipped them UPS, and I got nailed $95 for duty fees. I dont know how that might have changed had they been shipped USPS, but I'm definetly going to find out the next time I order something online from the U.S.

We always ship Canada by UPS international express, and then the brokerage fees are included. And since we do a lot of international UPS Shipping ( http://www.scubatoys.com/press/ups.asp ) we get a pretty good deal on shipping, and pass the savings along to the customers. Those two Omega's, could have gotten the manufacturers warranty, and shipped up to you next day, probably in the $35 price range - depending where you are. Now you would still have your 7 or 14% tax again depending on your location.

And Shade... we don't need to bait and switch anything. We carry virtually all brands, so what you want, you can have... Now if you ask my opinion on this reg vs that one, or which BC to go with etc, I'll give my opinion, but you can go for anything we carry - no problem.

And as far as warranty, most things can be handled there, but if not, it's pretty easy for us to ship you replacement product - then there is no tax or duty as it's repairs or replacement. We have really had no problems with warranty for our Canadian Customers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom