Cancun diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any padi instructor on current teaching status may certify any level certification up to dive master or master scuba diver, specialties etc.
Padi instructors do not have to be affiliated to a padi center to certify and it may be checked with padi anytime. Other instructors or dive centers please jump in to confirm.....
scorpio divers do not advertise they are a padi dive center, they do not need to be in order to certify, other dive agencies like ssi , do require the instructor to be affiliated to a dive center and vice versa. But not padi.
I have been a padi instructor since 1999 and have done close to 1000 certifications so i do know what i am talking about and it is a fact.
There are no padi links nor banners on scorpiodivers.com website but if they had those links and banners it would be fine with padi.
Like stated before any padi instructor may certify at any time as long as they are in current teaching status and i know this guys personally for a long time and know they are certified and on current teaching status.
And let´s not get confused this is not a fake post nor cheering for them, they are in a way direct competition, that is one thing, but i get to see this guys every single day out there providing the services they get posts about. It is unbelievable when someone offers something different and are successful how the grilling goes on and on. Wow.

Last edited:
You should delete the Padi link on your site then so as to remove the confusion of anybody mistakingly thinking you're a PADI dive shop. I'm sure you don't want to mislead anybody.

It also may be obvious to others but not to me, but how do you offer a PADI course to a customer, such as AOW? If you're not PADI qualified, how would I for instance take a PADI AOW course with you and recieve a certification?

The main reason Scorpio Divers can not be a PADI dive center is that they would have to send photos of their actual dive shop, compressor, classroom and boat. Since they are just borrowing some other shop’s assets would be the real reason they are not a PADI center. I know this because I used to own a dive shop a couple of years ago in Florida.

There are no padi links nor banners on scorpiodivers.com website

On the left hand side menu of the main page, 4th link down from the top "PADI"

scorpio divers

When you click on it, it takes you to whale sharks

On the whale shark page if you click on the PADI link again it, it takes you to a page of PADI certifications and courses.

"We offer PADI Certifications and Courses, from Open Water to Divemaster, we can help you reach your goal!."

Scorpio Divers - PADI Courses

Hola Mike, you are right, I thought you meant a PADI LOGO, what you are talking about is a sub menu that takes you to the courses offered by them, since they are PADI CERTIFIED INSTRUCTORS on actual current teaching status, they may offer PADI courses, I do not say so PADI does. I thought you meant a link that takes you to the PADI website, sorry!
But I hope the info provided helps the doubt of them not being a PADI dive center but actually can provide certifications. A PADI dive center depends on PADI instructors, if there is a compressor, boats, etc. it means nothing if there are no PADI instructors on staff, but if you are a PADI instructor you do not depend on a PADI dive center to be able to certify.
Just to clear things out, sorry i misinterpreted!
Hope this info is helpful so there are no worries about getting a certification through scorpio divers. If they were not PADI instructors or on current teaching status, then I do not think they would get all the comments they do here on scuba board and other internet communities.

Happy diving!

Hola Mike, you are right, I thought you meant a PADI LOGO, what you are talking about is a sub menu that takes you to the courses offered by them, since they are PADI CERTIFIED INSTRUCTORS on actual current teaching status, they may offer PADI courses, I do not say so PADI does. I thought you meant a link that takes you to the PADI website, sorry!
But I hope the info provided helps the doubt of them not being a PADI dive center but actually can provide certifications. A PADI dive center depends on PADI instructors, if there is a compressor, boats, etc. it means nothing if there are no PADI instructors on staff, but if you are a PADI instructor you do not depend on a PADI dive center to be able to certify.
Just to clear things out, sorry i misinterpreted!
Hope this info is helpful so there are no worries about getting a certification through scorpio divers. If they were not PADI instructors or on current teaching status, then I do not think they would get all the comments they do here on scuba board and other internet communities.

Happy diving!

Just wanted to say thanks for clarification.

PADI emailed me and verified exactly what you said.

Hello Mike,

Thank you very much for your email. To help clarify, a dive center or dive resort that is not certified as a PADI facility is still able to conduct PADI courses. This is only possible if they have a renewed and teaching status PADI instructor on staff. We always recommend that that you verify the instructor’s status prior to taking a class.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Hi, I'm new here. We are planning on taking a family vacation to cancun this spring and are looking for a good diving operation. My husband is an experienced diver, I have some experience and our two kids this will be their second time diving. We are looking for an experience we can all enjoy safely. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi bmattsammie,

Welcome to ScubaBoard.com the biggest scuba diving community ever exist.

I am Andrés Lee, Alvaro´s Gonzalez personal assitant.

Alvaro Gonzalez has been diving in cancun for more than 3 decades, he have friends from all over the world, and people really love him and appreciate his friendship. He has experience diving in Cancun, Cozumel, Riviera Maya and all over Cancun. He focus on having fun, that is his primary goal, fun, fun and fun. I am working in his new site Were he offer scuba diving packages, you can see our banner in the left side of this forum. Take a look to his website, maybe you find usefull information for your diving activities. Also i provide his friends testimonials (they allow to share this) www.AlwaysDiving.com/testimonials You can find videos in his website and take a look into his diving photos on facebook AlwaysDiving | Facebook

Testimonials
Top Class Instructor
12 years ago i met Alvaro. i know him like a brother. im now a Master diver.maybe soon an instructor.
Alvaro is a superb teacher.excellent comunication skills with the young and the not so young.He make,s diving not a chore but a fun sport.i thought i knew most about diving untill i met Alvaro boy! what a shock!! his knowledge of the underwater world is amazing! his diving skills still amaze me. I wouldnt have any other instructor, Mandy and I, have done so many dives with you will see you soon, P & M
-Paul Glasspoole

I am completely impressed with Alvaro`s guidance in teaching me some of the nuances of safe and exciting diving. In his many years of experience instilled a greater confidence in this beginner, and his encouragement is infectious so that I will continue to refine my skills and will come back for the privilege of diving with this master of scuba. There could be no one better to teach you the fundamentals and appreciation of this wonderful sport. Cheers for Alvaro.
-Richard Youds

Alvaro always provides great dives. He is a true professional who is knowledgeabe, patient, honest, and kind. I heartily recommend Alvaro to anyone (from novice to expert) coming to Cancun to dive. He is GREAT!
-Stu Wormsbecker

Patient, calm and professional.
I have known Alvaro Gonzalez for almost 9 years. He taught me to dive, to be a real diver, not just a recreational diver.” He has from the start, put me at ease. He is always very patient, calm and professional.

Every dive trip with Al is an adventure, never a dull moment and as a bonus, he films all my dives so I can share my experience with friends and family. Thanks to Al, I feel at home under the water. I will always be grateful to Al for sharing this wonderful underwater world with me! MaryAnn Mayfield- Palm Coast, Florida USA
-MaryAnn

Magical Experience
I dove with Always Diving for my first ocean dive following my certification at home. I was inexperienced, nervous, and a bit sea-sick. Alvaro was patient, encouraging and most importantly had the ability to judge my abilities and anticipate my needs. As a result, I was able to relax and enjoy my first ocean dive and appreciate the all the amazing reef had to offer: the fish, the corals, the sharks and more. It was a magical experience and increased my confidence. Thank you Alvaro….I know I will be back to dive with you again soon! Mo
-Maureen

Hope you have a beautiful trip to cancun with your family.

To your Diving Success,
Andrés Lee
Alvaro´s personal assitant.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom