Cancun vs Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello from Cancun,
Cozumel is an amazing place to dive, it has fantastic coral formations and it is one of the best places to dive in the world. the greatness of these dives is the edge of the wall (abysmal wall) where these formations are, and they are located between 70 to 100ft depth, the shallower dives are great and as nice as Cancun, if I may remind you kids ages for diving and depths:
8 to 9 years old, 12 feet
10 to 11 years old, 40 feet
12 to 14 years old, 60 feet

if it is their first dives I really do not recommend a wall dive, Cancun has several shallow areas that I would recommend for their first dives, with a descent line and one on one descent with a dive master or instructor. These shallow areas in cancun include the Cancun underwater museum or Coral reef areas full of life that develops between 27 to 33ft.
Cancun also has wrecks at 75ft, and coral reefs at 55 to 60ft.

If you come to Cancun during spring break and decide to stay at the hotels that specialize on this type of tourism and if you wander out at night at the club areas, sure you will find what was mentioned before, but other than that if you come for a family vacation, there is plenty for you to do around cancun, water and non water sports.

hope this info may be useful, happy diving and enjoy your vacation

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom