Candidasa, Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you all for your recommendations. Our resort is only about 5 minutes by car from Lotus Bungalows. Jan came here to explain Gangga Divers' program to us and they were willing to provide transportation from/to our resort. We signed up with them for a dive package and made our first dive trip yesterday. We are very happy with Gangga Divers :)
I'd be interested in your feedback about Gangga divers Bali too, maybe worth a couple of days in august. Can you pls elaborate about them :
- do they provide private guides?
- do you have the choice to go on Amuk bay (Gili Tepekong/Mimpang) or Nusa Lembongan dive sites or are they on fixed schedules?
- are their walk in prices as expensive as they advise through their website 275$ for 5 dives while I pay 200$ for 6 dives & private guide in Tulamben?
thanks

so where did you end up diving and how was it?
We dove two sites at Nusa Penida. The vis was very good; the sloping wall was beautiful; the current was fairly strong (drift dive) and the water temperature was cooler than I expected (77 degrees F); lots of fish but no Mola Mola.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

I'd be interested in your feedback about Gangga divers Bali too, maybe worth a couple of days in august. Can you pls elaborate about them :
- do they provide private guides?
Without asking for a private guide, we were assigned a dive master for just the two of us. It's their policy to dive with groups no larger than 4.
- do you have the choice to go on Amuk bay (Gili Tepekong/Mimpang) or Nusa Lembongan dive sites or are they on fixed schedules?
We went to Amuk Bay the first day. They are not on a fixed schedule. They decide where to go the day before. The divers can then choose to go that day or not. Dive sites could change at the last minute because of weather & sea conditions.
- are their walk in prices as expensive as they advise through their website 275$ for 5 dives while I pay 200$ for 6 dives & private guide in Tulamben?
We were quoted US$265 for 5 dives. 5 dives means 5 tanks, not 5 dive trips. Gangga Divers is a concierge dive op; they rinse and store your gear between dive days and dry it well before your travel day. They expect prices to rise in April due to an increase in fuel cost.

Awesome! We were there a few years ago with a large group and they gave us top notch service! We loved Jan and Henri and their attention to detail and safety! Their boats were always spotless! I can not say enough good about this resort and dive op. Luko.. maybe you can get a better deal if you are staying at the resort. I can't remember our price but we did get a deal due to staying at the resort. It was well worth the price! We would go back there for sure!!
Thank you all for your recommendations. Our resort is only about 5 minutes by car from Lotus Bungalows. Jan came here to explain Gangga Divers' program to us and they were willing to provide transportation from/to our resort. We signed up with them for a dive package and made our first dive trip yesterday. We are very happy with Gangga Divers :)

Gangga Divers is a concierge dive op; they rinse and store your gear between dive days and dry it well before your travel day.
I guess it's always surprize for who doesn't dive Asia frequently, but I would say that's the usual services for most of the dive centres in Indonesia, at least the ones I have been diving with in the past 10 years.
So in Tulamben, the price I mentioned was valid for the same services, free nitrox AND private guide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom