Canister light - Where do you mount yours and how?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I mount my can on right side belt and use a SS buckle to hold it in place/ That seems to be the easiest and most efficent place to put it.

From GUE:

Equipment Configuration | Global Underwater Explorers

studio_pro14-diver.jpg rhea_shiprock2_124.jpg true_acb-kelp.jpg

Right belt, too.

However, I use a plastic buckle to secure it and a weight keeper to keep it from getting all the way to plate, where I can't manage to reach the switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is mounted on my belt, with a SS belt buckle...if I'm diving where I don't need it, (better visibility) I can swap it out for a pocket (with a small light in it for rigidity) so I can still tuck my long hone under it...

Curious why you think it's less than desirable?

On my belt secured with a buckle in back mount, and horizontally hanging from the back of my Razor harness in side mount.

Just to offer alternatives:

Banded to you twinset. I've got a Greenforce Tri-Star with an Arrow 12, which is not suited for waist mounting, unless you want to look like a knight.

Also you can mount you canister as you would a small argon bottle, mounted to the side of you BP.

right now mine's hanging from the towel bars. we looped some (pink) cave line under the hose clamps with snaps on it, so i snap it to the towel bars. but before sm, it sure enough was on my right belt with a buckle!

Mounting it directly to the backplate will likely make it non-ditchable weight...
Unles you're using an old lead-acid battery style canister, that's pretty much a non-consideration. Most can lights with NiMH or lithium-ion batteries are barely negative (maybe by a pound or two) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Just to offer alternatives:

Banded to you twinset. I've got a Greenforce Tri-Star with an Arrow 12, which is not suited for waist mounting, unless you want to look like a knight.

Also you can mount you canister as you would a small argon bottle, mounted to the side of you BP.
Same with some of the Sartek lights ... they're not designed for waist-mounting.

On the other hand, the OP specified that he has a Light Monkey canister ... which is designed for that type of mounting. And unless you've specified when you order it that you want a non-standard cord length, the cord is sized for optimally mounting on the waist harness ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom