Canon G10 and Big eye pics.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I picked up the bigeye lens last week from Optical Ocean Sales, and got it just in time to try it on a dive trip this past weekend.. Going from 25c air temperature to 11c water temperature (and apparently a thermocline somewhere according to my wetsuit wearing friends.. I didn't notice it in drysuit), I experienced no fogging, and overall am very happy with it. :)

Hi

Just to clarify it uses air trapped between the dome and the houseing, so if you remove underwater and take some macro shots and put back on the water in between will ruin the effect ?

not as if i will be doing this much/or ever but just out of intrest

i just ordered one from Jack also :)

No, the air is trapped between the lenses, they are a wet lens. I'd invite those experiencing a problem to contact Fantasea Customer service. It's quite possible there might be a tiny leak somewhere or something going on that they might help you with.

About all I see in the manual is:
IV. Store the lens in a dry and protected area. Storing the lens in a low
humidity environment will decrease the chances of the lens
fogging up when submerged in water.

I think I would carry all my gear in a cooler bag or at least keep a towel over it. Leaving it in the sun or hot environment and then plunging it into cold water is inviting problems.

These lenses are in very tight supply. I've ordered about 20 of them and gotten 10 or so, of which I'm down to one. Next shipment is due in about 10 days.

Jack

Back
Top Bottom