Canon G10 Housing Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't say that 24mm/85Ž° is overly wide!

If I was looking to purchase a top end point and shoot right now, I'd be forgetting the G10 and grabbing a G9 while there's still some available, and having a very good look at the Patima housing (as much as I loved my old Ike housing, these look even more impressive). There's a nice review of them in the latest UWP magazine: http://www.uwpmag.com/

Yeah...i would agree...it's not taht wide for udnerwater....When i use my INON 165Ž° dome....i can rreally get in close & work in low vis situations....the biggest reason to have the superwide angle!! Plus the fact that strobes only cover so much range & even less in low vis....

OK, Bump, and back on track.
Ikelite, what is the latest on shipping dates please?????

We're still waiting on glass for the ports, which won't be here until the end of next week. So I'm hoping to start shipping in the third week of December.

We are also completing some testing and intending to finalize wide angle options within the next week and a half. I will post the information here as soon as it's available.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

I have been waiting on ikelite's answer to the wide angle problem before I take the leap and buy a G10. If the wide angle problem can't be fixed what are some options that I can make due with in the canon with ikelite housing line?

The first batch of #6146.10 housings are shipping to dealers beginning today. We do not have enough housings to fill all orders so the housing will remain on backorder status.

We are doing some additional pool testing tomorrow on wide angle options and I hope to have those finalized before the Christmas holiday. Even when specifications are finalized products may not be available until January. We're attempting to get options out to you as quickly as possible without sacrificing quality or performance.

Just to clarify, housing specifications differ between the G9 and G10 models. The wide angle lens & port previously referenced by Dyron has not been tested on an Ikelite G10 housing. We have no experience with this product and cannot confirm its compatibility.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite

I have been waiting on ikelite's answer to the wide angle problem before I take the leap and buy a G10. If the wide angle problem can't be fixed what are some options that I can make due with in the canon with ikelite housing line?

As I said in my previous post, wide angle options for the G10 will be announced very soon. Other current Canon cameras we offer housings for with wide angle capabilities include:
Canon G9
Canon SD880IS
Canon SD990IS
Canon A1000
Canon A2000

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite

This is GREAT news! I just sent an email to my dealer asking if mine was one of the lucky ones. Not that I am anxious or anything!

The first batch of #6146.10 housings are shipping to dealers beginning today. We do not have enough housings to fill all orders so the housing will remain on backorder status.

We are doing some additional pool testing tomorrow on wide angle options and I hope to have those finalized before the Christmas holiday. Even when specifications are finalized products may not be available until January. We're attempting to get options out to you as quickly as possible without sacrificing quality or performance.

Just to clarify, housing specifications differ between the G9 and G10 models. The wide angle lens & port previously referenced by Dyron has not been tested on an Ikelite G10 housing. We have no experience with this product and cannot confirm its compatibility.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite

got my new G10 yesterday..wondering how much the Ikelite housing for it will cost (is the previously mentioned $100-$200 in USD?)

i'm a little worried about the cost, are there any cheaper but still usable alternatives to Ikelite?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom