Canon S2 IS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott101:
I am thinking of purchasing the S2 IS also. Any news on the fit in the S1 housing or has anyone heard of Canon is producing a housing for the S2?

I called Canon yesterday as I am very interested in the S2. I was told they do not now, and probably will not ever have a housing for the S2. I was thinking of picking up the S1 for UW stuff because it's the only digital with an underwater housing with a decent optical zoom. But I'm not too excited about buying an older model with such low mp. Any suggestions??

liberato:
Most people don't find a zoom lens very important underwater. The S1 also lacks an autofocus light which may be important in low-light envronment.

Any suggestions for a quality camera with an autofocus light? Since I can't seem to find a large zoom camera (which I want for land photos) that is a good double for UW stuff, it looks like I'm getting closer to buying the S2 for land and a separate camera for UW, but don't want to break the bank either. What's a good quality option? The A620?? anyone with any UW experience with that one? Any others that come highly recommended.

For 7 meg, the A620 is looking pretty good if you can live without RAW. Plus it might be adaptable to the Ikelite 6140.80 case so you can get past that 130' limit.

Canon went and changed the memory card used in the S2 for some reason. If you are going to have 2 cameras it would be nice to have interchangeable memory cards. Just a thought.

If you like Canon search through the Canon Corner threads for recommendations. I have an ancient S30 so can't make any current recommendations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom