Caribbean Dives Sites with Baby

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, all! This would be baby's fourth trip abroad in 10 months, so the travel part doesn't even phase us anymore, but our travel companions aren't quite so foolish. :wink: I will look into the Keys and see what we can find for shore diving there. (Leaving the girls with strangers is what most worries us about the whole idea, so shore diving would let the couples take turns watching the girls and diving, and no nursing pair would have to be apart for too long.) Thank you all so much for your thoughts and suggestions. I really appreciate it.

I have not been to the Keys yet myself but I am planning a trip soon with others from my family. Here is a thread that might be useful:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-diving/451930-seamonkeys-water-sports.html

Allibelle....We've actually had couples that did just as previously indicated. Both couples had small children and they took turns diving. One couple dove on the AM trip and the other on the PM trip. They stayed at Ocean Pointe Suites which are condo with either one or two bedrooms. Each have full kitchens and most important full washer/dryers. OP is located only about a mile 1/2 from our shop. Trips out on our boats leave at 8:30AM and 1PM returning back to dock at around 11:30AM and 4:45PM respectively.

It's an easy flight into either Miami or Ft. Lauderdale where you'd rent a car and drive down. Depending on traffic it can take as little as 1 hour and as long as 2. Rush hour tends to be from 6:30AM to 8:30AM and 4:30PM to 6:30PM.

Let us know if we can help answer any questions or make arrangements. We can usually get a better than advertised price for lodging.

Great to hear you're getting back diving, the undersea world awaits.

Good Diving,
Capt Gary

No, there is no shore diving in Keys. Honestly, you are better off doing boat dives at this point. Some dive ops actually do 2-tank morning boat, then 2-tank afternoon boat. You could switch off that way.
look at:
Silent World Dive Center
Conch Republic Divers
Dive Key Largo, Florida Keys with Rainbow Reef Dive Center;scuba diving:diving, Florida keys, florida diving
Quiescence Diving Services, World Class Diving in Key Largo, FL
Key Largo diving, SEA DWELLERS DIVE CENTER, a PADI scuba dive resort facility, Welcome

I have not used any of these. My only trip to the area was many years ago and the 2 dive ops we used have gone out of business.

Thanks, Robint! The boat dives as you described them sound like the sweet spot and completely renewed my enthusiasm for the Keys. I've been reading SB recs for the Keys for the past two days and am now getting excited about this option. And yes, the whole thing sounds much more reasonable for the babies. My vision may have been clouded by my desire to be in the water again.

Conch Republic was high on my list, and then I just saw that they have commented here as well. Really great to here that the trade off is an option.

(I thought I had just replied to this...)

Robint, thanks for the boat dive insight. I think we've found the sweet spot. I spent yesterday and this morning reading up on SB posts for the area and I'm getting excited about the Keys. I came across Conch several times and am glad to hear that they can easily do the couple share arrangement. And yes, a much much easier trip for the babies. My desire to dive may have been clouding my vision. :)

Back
Top Bottom