Caribbean Explorer II Trip Report (May 1 to May 9, 2009)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We booked the Explorer II for the bahamas :)

Hey Gtoph:

Long time my friend. Glad to hear you're getting the opportunity to get out and dive.

I hear that itinerary is really nice. Hope you have a GREAT trip. Pictures and report when you return.

Steve: Thanks for the detailed report. I did the NE Carib (Saba, Statia, St Kitts) on CE II this Jan, and earlier today booked the CE II for the transition trip Aug 29. Sounds like an entirely different crew from the one I had on the Jan. trip.

Steve - Thanks for taking the time to write while on your trip. Your report was very informative and helpful. Can't wait to see some pictures. CEXII sounds like a together operation!
Thanks again,
Lori

In reference to the crew, from talking to them, they had been together for the last several months, but the day we left, Ken, Austin and Curtis flew out with us. A new cook came on-board to work with Jane for a week, before she left. Only Capt Dave and Demi were going to be there in 2 weeks. All new crew other than them, although I understood some of them were returning crew members who had worked on the CEXII before. I think this is pretty normal in the live-aboard industry as I've experienced this on both Blackbeard's and the Nekton Pilot in my previous trips.

I just posted some above water photos on our shop facebook site at: Underwater Playground on Facebook

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom