Carl D. Bradley

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Four of us recently returned from four days of diving the Carl D. Bradley in northern Lake Michigan. We did two dives on the bow and two dives on the stern. I thought I'd share a few shots.

Attachments

• DSC00139.jpg
    DSC00139.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 201
  • DSC00137.jpg
    DSC00137.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 193
  • DSC00136.jpg
    DSC00136.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 179
  • DSC00147.jpg
    DSC00147.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC00160.jpg
    DSC00160.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC00133.jpg
    DSC00133.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC00127.jpg
    DSC00127.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC00153.jpg
    DSC00153.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 137
Great pics!! Thanks

I love that shot of the bell. Thanks for sharing.

Always enjoy your posts DAB. The pic of the bell spooky and cool at the same time.

It looks like the Bradley is totally covered in zebra mussels. Really sad to see, but I guess it makes for better vis.

I wonder if someone cleaned off the bell?

Always enjoy your posts DAB. The pic of the bell spooky and cool at the same time.

It looks like the Bradley is totally covered in zebra mussels. Really sad to see, but I guess it makes for better vis.

I wonder if someone cleaned off the bell?

Its been my experience that zebra mussels don't seem to attach to brass items. A couple of years ago I came across the brass fire hose nozzle on the Wexford and while everything else was covered - it wasn't. Likewise on the Monarch in the St. Clair River ... there is a piece of brass or copper (not really sure which) that I believed was used to prevent wear when towing barges that is completely free of them.

Its been my experience that zebra mussels don't seem to attach to brass items. A couple of years ago I came across the brass fire hose nozzle on the Wexford and while everything else was covered - it wasn't. Likewise on the Monarch in the St. Clair River ... there is a piece of brass or copper (not really sure which) that I believed was used to prevent wear when towing barges that is completely free of them.

Probably the copper in brass that causes that? Anti fouling paint often contains copper.

Anti-fouling paint - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Great shots. I remember reading a great article on the wreck in Wreck Diver Magazine a while back. Fantastic wreck to be able to visit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom