Carnival Triumph - Cozumel Dec. 1st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bvm2006

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm going on a scuba excursion on Dec 1st in Cozumel as part of the Carnival Triumph cruise departing New Orleans on Nov 28th. Can anyone share an experience with these excursions? my first one with a cruise line.

Thanks,

Murph

The use Sanddollar Sports. My first diving excursion will be 12/16 so I can't help. I booked privately though.

You need to check out www.cruisecritic.com message forums.

Personally, I would not do the ship's excursion in Cozumel unless you absolutely can't make arrangements with a private operator for some reason, such as late arrival time in port.

I was on a Carnival cruise earlier this year that went to Cozumel - but didnt do the dive. What was funny is that you see the coral / sand outlines all around the dock and you could also see the dive boat they used from the ship... at least you will have a short boat ride!

From what I found out talking with other people on board, the dive trips they run are pretty good if you are looking for a casual experiance and a guided tour type dive. I was told that the do this because of the wide range of experiance and comfort levels from the people that sign up... If you want more freedom or more remote dives then find a private operator down there. If you want something easy then this is great... As an experianced diver, I personally dont care for the guided controlled dives which is why I didn't do it...

The water was clear and warm with great visibilty so how bad could it be? Any dive that you surface from safely is a good dive :wink: so enjoy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom