Casa del Mar beach area (sand, recliners?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bosshogg357

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone have any info on the beach/bar area of Casa del Mar? I'm wondering if it is finished or if there are recliners out there. I read on Trip Adviser where it was not finished and that there was no sand yet. Thanks, B

i understand it is almost done according to email from them. we are booked for a week starting april 28. so i guess we will find out.

I think this pic by diver88 shows recliners around the pool adjacent to the bar ok. I think the sand is still being added to the "beach."

DSC00830.jpg

DandyDon:
I think this pic by diver88 shows recliners around the pool adjacent to the bar ok. I think the sand is still being added to the "beach."

DSC00830.jpg
Great to hear about the pool and walkway! What about the sand by the ocean?
Thanks,
B

Just spent the weekend there.

I haven't been there post-Wilma, so hard for me to judge the repair progress except for pictures I viewed of the damage. But the hotel/restaraunt/bar area appears to be pretty much fully recovered. If I hadn't known there was a huricane, I would not have been able to tell they had been hit to be honest. We stayed in one of the cabanas (think that's what they are called) and room was great.

Yes, bridge is fixed and open for traffic.

Pier is still under construction, but we used it for shore diving and loading onto the boat. But that area which used to have chairs etc. on the pier is not open. Dive shop is open and being used, but they are still working to rebuild the part for their compressor, so tanks are still being brought in by truck or boat.

To the left as you come off the bridge is open with chairs etc. Wasn't ever too crowded.

As far as their beach, I don't ever really remember them having a very good beach area. But it is open with some sand, but recommend you wear some shoes. I'll see if I can post some pictures when I get home, but never done it before.

We brought our 13 month old son with us, and that beach area really wasn't very nice for him. But Park Royal is fully open next door, and they have a pretty nice beach area. So my wife paid $40 for the day and took him over there and had a great time.

I was there in November and from the picture they've done a lot of work. The walkway was already open back then but they were working on the pool area. Glad to see the work keeps coming along.

bluwolf:
We brought our 13 month old son with us, and that beach area really wasn't very nice for him. But Park Royal is fully open next door, and they have a pretty nice beach area. So my wife paid $40 for the day and took him over there and had a great time.
Mexican beaches are public, but you had to pay $40 to access it?

A $4 cab ride (maybe less) will get a car load of people and baby support paraphernalia (I know, takes a lot) to the long beach between Casa Blanca and Caribe Blue, and I know it's free to access. Not a long walk really, but with a baby - I know.

We stayed at the Park Royal right next store (Feb 10 - 17) and the were still working on the man-made beach at the Casa Del Mar. The way they were working on it while we were there I would think it is probably pretty close to done.

DandyDon:
Mexican beaches are public, but you had to pay $40 to access it?
Don, I think the $40 was for a day pass to Park Royal, not just to access their "beach" area. Still seems a little steep for my tastes, but if Mama and baby are happy, then it is probably worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom