Casa Mexicana, Suites Bahia, Vista del Mar or Caribe Blu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jarrett

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking to do a long weekend in Cozumel and have been directed to these hotels. We are looking for a nice clean room to stay in after diving. We would like to have something better than a Motel 6, but doesn't have to be swank. Do you have any recommendations on these? Thanks in advance.

Caribe Blu is the only one on the water and it has a small pool and hammocks. Not fancy but large rooms and clean. About 1.5 miles south of town. All rooms face the ocean.

The others are downtown with nice rooms right on the main road, nice view of the cruise ships. Mexicana has a small pool and great breakfast buffet.

If you want to stay in town any of those 3 are ok.

I am staying at vista del mar next week. Our decision came down to vista del mar and caribe blue. Some dive ops did not appear to pick up downtown so that might be an issue.

I can't imagine who doesn't pick up downtown at what is known as the Aldora Pier. I've stayed at the Casa Mexicana 5 times and haven't been disappointed. Very clean rooms, good AC and breakfast buffet.

TheRedHead:
I can't imagine who doesn't pick up downtown at what is known as the Aldora Pier. I've stayed at the Casa Mexicana 5 times and haven't been disappointed. Very clean rooms, good AC and breakfast buffet.

Actually, only a few ops pick up at the downtown pier...it's significantly more fuel to pick-up and drop off there and usage of the Aldora pier is not free. Those who use it pay a monthly fee plus a per diver fee.

Jarrett, I'll let others answer your hotel question...but my favorites of the four would be Caribe Blu or Casa Mex :)

We just stayed at Casa Mexicana and it was nice. The breakfast suited us and Christi picked us up from the Pier.

We are staying at Caribe Blu next time, but will have different needs.

Casa Mexicana was nice as it is right in town, but our room was very quiet.

Casa Mexicana and Dive Paradise (pick up at Barracuda about 150 yards walk from the hotel)....

Thanks for all the input. We are going with Casa Mexicana.

How far of a walk is it from Casa Mexicana to Aldora pier?

Yeah, we did the Blue-XTSea / Casa Mexicana thing as well. When we go back to Coz, I want that same arrangement. It was an easy walk between the dock and the hotel and the hotel and various restaurants. The accomodations were great and the breakfast buffet was wonderful. Of course, diving with Christi was terrific (sp?) as well.

Back
Top Bottom