Catalina dive trip 1/12/08 - One good dive, two not so much...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now, Ken, a nudi-phile like yourself certainly knows that it is not a he, but a he/she.

Unsure of how to tactfully step around the possessive gender reference, I really stepped in it.

My sincerest apologies to the Nudi kingdom, and all others offended by my insensitive blunder.

---
Ken

Your pics are amazing! What else can you see in SoCal? I am new to the area and when I signed on to move here, I did not realise the water was sooooooo cold. I was told I would need a 7 mil. I have never had any interest in cold water but I am starting to feel if I don't go diving soon, I will shrivel up and die. What can I say, I am in recovery.

Unsure of how to tactfully step around the possessive gender reference, I really stepped in it.

My sincerest apologies to the Nudi kingdom, and all others offended by my insensitive blunder.

---
Ken

Hee, hee... I've never quite figured out how to refer to them either (except as hermaphrodites).

I'm sure the nudi's will accept your apologies since you take such flattering pictures of them! After all, they're a little vain (at least that's what the bryozoa, hydroids and sponges tell me).

... Ship Rock on Saturday morning was right up there on my Best-Dive-Ever list .......... spectacular "Easter Eggs" in the big blue room deep at the foot of Ship Rock ......

Which side of SR did you dive?
On the NE side the "foot" is at ~300ft while on the SW it is ~150ft

Map will be online in March :wink:

Regards,

I_AM

Which side of SR did you dive?
On the NE side the "foot" is at ~300ft while on the SW it is ~150ft

Map will be online in March :wink:

Regards,

I_AM

We were with Scooters - so we corkscrewed the thing.

We anchored on the L.A. side - a first for me. Dropped onto about 120 FSW and blasted from there.

Loved the wall. LOVED the wall.

---
Ken

The "base" (where the rock meets the sandy bottom) is actually shallower than that on the south and north sides, Alberto. Of course it does keep dropping after that.

The wall on the LA side is one of my favorite deep diving sites. Easily hit 180-200 feet at the base of the wall there. Unfortunately since I'm diving with a smaller tank these days, I generally only go to 150-160 now.

The "base" (where the rock meets the sandy bottom) is actually shallower than that on the south and north sides, Alberto. Of course it does keep dropping after that.

The wall on the LA side is one of my favorite deep diving sites. Easily hit 180-200 feet at the base of the wall there. Unfortunately since I'm diving with a smaller tank these days, I generally only go to 150-160 now.

Dr. Bill,
looking at the data, on the NE side there is a first wall starting at ~40m then there is a second one at ~80m .... our data stops at ~140m .... way too deep for recreational divers :D

I really need to check out this dive in person :wink: When are you going there next?

Regards,

I_AM

I wish I knew Alberto. We stopped there Dec 28th and I was preparing all the divers on board for an exciting dive. Then the boat started moving. Capt. Tony noticed a current was building and decided to go to a site more sheltered. We don't hit it as often in the winter because it is a long run to make on the shorter winter days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom