Caught in the propellers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Octopi:
Who has parts for an Apollo DPV (Dacor) SV900. I need one of the run relays in the control system. I'm in Seattle

Did you blow the relay by gettting something stuck in there?

A relay is as easy as your local Dacor dealer... or remove the thing and take it to a friendly electrical contractor who can probably get you an equivalent relay at a far better price. If it's a dedicated relay similar to what's found on some tech scooters - best to have it replaced by the manufacturer.

X

I do not have a battery factory charger so I charged the battery with a motorcycle "trickle" charger. It was working fine but I decided to leave the unit on the charger for a couple more hours and that is when it quit working. Don't know if I over charged it of if it just happen to go out due to a fully charged battery. This unit is several years old and was a rental that bought pretty cheap.

Octopi:
I do not have a battery factory charger so I charged the battery with a motorcycle "trickle" charger. It was working fine but I decided to leave the unit on the charger for a couple more hours and that is when it quit working. Don't know if I over charged it of if it just happen to go out due to a fully charged battery. This unit is several years old and was a rental that bought pretty cheap.

If your unit & batteries are older...I would suggest getting new SLA's, a smart charger and hit up/source out the local Apollo/Dacor dealer for that relay. Again, it shouldn't be too difficult a part to get sourced by an electrical contractor. Why spend the bucks on a part that is probably not custom made and marked up 400%?

X

Ok, back to the original topic I once scootered through some ctenophores in the water column. I did feel bad about it, but probably not as much as the critters. A scallop bag in the props - ca-thunk!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom