Question Cave Diving Courses advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have rented gear from Zero Gravity in Puerto Aventuras, they asked me for a cert and could not believe I did not have any gue cert, but it was no problem to rent tanks. Also it was not a problem to find buddies.

ZG didn't even mention that I didn't have a GUE card. And IMO is one of the easiest going dive shops in RM.

At least in Florida the GUE "problems" is largely left to the prior generation. The modern GUE is largely easy going.

ZG didn't even mention that I didn't have a GUE card. And IMO is one of the easiest going dive shops in RM.

At least in Florida the GUE "problems" is largely left to the prior generation. The modern GUE is largely easy going.
Extreme Exposure runs Padi courses, or at least will set them up. Nobody is going to kick you out because you don’t have a GUE card.

Not too long a ago a guy on here said only gue people are allowed on their boat or in their club.
I have not seen any change and I talk to gue people regularly. A while I got a long lecture at a dive site about how I'm not pronouncing gue correctly, I need to say it more american as they are an american agency... he wasn't kidding either. That type of stuff is very typical for that crowd theses days... now one of my buddies (who was there that day) randomly yells at me in a angry tone when other divers are around: 'gue is american and I you need to say it more american' ... and than we laugh. It never gets old 🤣.

Not too long a ago a guy on here said only gue people are allowed on their boat or in their club.

That was the BAUE. They are one of the few GUE clubs large enough for that sort of exclusive behavior.

I can only speak for my experience, cave country GUE are typically cool. But we don't typically see the overly enthusiastic new Fundies dude. Most of the GUE dudes I see have at least C1 with most having at least C2 and T1.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

The receptiveness of GUE dive clubs to non-GUE divers is not related to the OP's question asking for cave instructor and course recommendations. There may be some latitude to discuss whether non-GUE instruction may be available at some nominally "GUE" dive centers, and that appears to have been answered. Please keep the discussion on topic. Further off-topic posts will be deleted.

The primary consideration should be the quality of the instruction. We are fortunate to have a lot of good cave diving instructors in Florida. If you decide to come here, check out Cave Adventurers and my friend Edd Sorenson, who is one of the best. Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom