Cavern / Intro Cave Playa del Carmen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I finished TDI Cavern and Intro to Cave yesterday with Frank Gutierrez from Blue Life in Playa Del Carmen. He is a no-nonsense straightforward instructor and I feel I got some of the best training possible. He turned each of my inevitable mistakes into a lesson, and despite the seriousness of the process, he made sure we had some fun, too. I will be returning for Full Cave.

Just for a teaser video..............

couple weeks ago I just got back from Tulum / Playa..........this is a special place in my heart that you have to earn your way into.

"Attention Cruise Ship Pod People please exit the pool...."

I'll toss out Tankah Bay divers, and if you want Budgie my solo guide in this video. 1:1 ratio me likes .............. Budgie is based in Tulum area and has 25 year of British Navy diving in his blood. 3000 cave dives I think his dive log illustrated, I saw it.

PM me for more details, meanwhile enjoy my recent secret rare delicate Cenote in the Mayan Jungle:

I'm sworn to not tell it's name least the hordes of pod people descend upon it.

enjoy my dream:

https://vimeo.com/114802443

Awesome video. I have dove that one a couple of times. I'm not telling either.

I just did my first three days of guided cavern dives around Playa del Carmen. Amazing! The light effects, the haloclines, just out of this world. I'm still struggling a bit with my new sidemount rig when the AL80s get light. My sidemount course at home was with steel tanks, and I never learned all the options of attaching the ALs to the rig. But I'm making progress. I was also surprised about what I thought was a generous definition of "cavern zone", at Pet Cemetary for instance. Is that the norm, or just something done in that area? Now I'm looking forward to taking my cavern course, and if all goes well, intro cave. There is magic on the dark side...

I was also surprised about what I thought was a generous definition of "cavern zone", at Pet Cemetary for instance. Is that the norm, or just something done in that area? Now I'm looking forward to taking my cavern course, and if all goes well, intro cave. There is magic on the dark side...

Sshhhhhhh, The PADI police are lurking. You'll for certain die if you go beyond 135 feet deep or beyond 200-250 from light source in an overhead environment.

your own comfort zone.

you enter the water, you take the risk.

be comfortable with your gear.

relax.

yahhhh.

My buddy and I just finished Cavern / Intro Cave in sidemount with Nico Casella. The description someone gave of him as an instructor - thorough and patient - is spot on. It took us a day longer than initially scheduled to complete the course, but it was very much worth it. A big thank you to Nico, and if anyone is looking for an excellent cave instructor in Playa del Carmen, I highly recommend him.

Congratulations on completing intro. Playa is a wonderful place. So many diving options. Can't wait to go back!

I finished TDI Cavern and Intro to Cave yesterday with Frank Gutierrez from Blue Life in Playa Del Carmen. He is a no-nonsense straightforward instructor and I feel I got some of the best training possible. He turned each of my inevitable mistakes into a lesson, and despite the seriousness of the process, he made sure we had some fun, too. I will be returning for Full Cave.

Frank is the tops. The tops, Jerry!

Did he get you into a Stealth?

Frank is the tops. The tops, Jerry!

Did he get you into a Stealth?

Haha, nice Seinfeld quote!

Yes on the Stealth. Just my newb opinion, but it is far superior to the Nomad LT I had been using previously.

I leave in the morning for Full Cave with Frank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom