Cayman Air Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After the airport experience at Provo in the T&C, no other airport seems busy...lol

That airport can be insane yet it is not all that big which makes it seem busy. How was the diving? Who did you dive with?

After the airport experience at Provo in the T&C, no other airport seems busy...lol
Truly, provo is the worst! I had the misfortune to get the dreaded SSSSS designation on my boarding pass on the way out of provo, so it was a nightmare!

---------- Post added March 20th, 2015 at 09:48 AM ----------

That was a good call----in many respects---mostly for the extra day of diving you'll get in........have a great time....

Another day of diving at LCBR...always the lesser of two evils :)

We we had a choice of coming back a day early or a day late - it was an easy decision!

I think the reno is done at PLS but I'm pretty sure it's the same size inside, I might be wrong though, it's been 2+ years.

We dove Salt Cay + Provo one year, Grand Turk the next. To be honest we had the most fun on SC, GT was dull. Provo was nice but waaaay too long on the dive boat. Show up at the dive store 8am'ish, get on boat 9ish, get back to villa 3:30-4:30pm, ugh. The West Caicos and French cay sites (Provo) were awesome though, best done on a LOB IMO.

Now that our son is getting older LC is on the list for sure, done the Brac in '11 + '12.

That airport can be insane yet it is not all that big which makes it seem busy. How was the diving? Who did you dive with?

We like provo for the beach and topside activities but both times we've been there we've dived from liveaboards. The first time on a dancer and in 2013 on the aggressor. Loads of premo diving off French cay and west caicos without the long daily boat rides. I've never been on the explorer but it has good reviews and they are offering some 300$ off per person specials.

We like provo for the beach and topside activities but both times we've been there we've dived from liveaboards. The first time on a dancer and in 2013 on the aggressor. Loads of premo diving off French cay and west caicos without the long daily boat rides. I've never been on the explorer but it has good reviews and they are offering some 300$ off per person specials.

I agree, Grace Bay is beautiful, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. West Caicos was a boat ride but my wife and I enjoy a nice boat ride so for us it was a great way to dive. The liveaboards were just a few buoys away as well. Diving and seeing sharks with whales nearby and seeing dolphins make West Caicos a nice dive, yet the varied sponges at Little Cayman beat Caicos by a mile.

I agree, Grace Bay is beautiful, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. West Caicos was a boat ride but my wife and I enjoy a nice boat ride so for us it was a great way to dive. The liveaboards were just a few buoys away as well. Diving and seeing sharks with whales nearby and seeing dolphins make West Caicos a nice dive, yet the varied sponges at Little Cayman beat Caicos by a mile.

I agree, we've been to provo twice but this will be our 7th trip to the caymans; the first 2 trips we stayed on GC, but after we discovered the sister islands they became our favorite dive destination.

---------- Post added March 21st, 2015 at 11:46 AM ----------

Cayman Air has always been a favorite airline but lately they have not been as much fun. On the day we left CB last November we met another couple that really had to hustle to make the plane to GC. They had been scheduled for a later flight on Saturday but after they enjoyed a nice, leisurely breakfast at BRBR they went back to their room only to find a message that they had been rescheduled for a morning flight - without any regard for existing reservations, personal plans, or the time of their connecting flight! They really had to scramble to finish packing and make it to the CB airport in time and then they had to sit around in the GC airport for many hours! And not even an apology for the inconvenience!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom