Does Luggage Usually Make It Between Cayman Brac and Little Cayman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stephen1254

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking at logistics for a trip with a week each in Brac and LC. We can do either Brac first or LC first. We would do the Miami - Brac - Miami flight as we would fly a 737 direct to Brac and avoid the puddle jumper from GC. I've read the stories about luggage not making it on the puddle jumper from GC to LC or GC to Brac, but nothing about luggage issues from Brac to LC and back. Anyone have any insights?

I would not worry at all about luggage not making it to LC from Brac. The plane is rarely very full going from Brac to LC.

I would worry ONLY if the airline is Cayman Airways. Then I would worry not only about your luggage, but I would worry about your reservations, your flights being on time, and making connections.

If a Cayman Airways flight is delayed, and you miss a connection onto a subsequent Cayman Airways flight, they do not save you a seat or even book you on the next flight. You're on your own. Make sure you have a credit card to buy another ticket. You can sort out the refund when you get back to Florida.

We did a Brac + Little trip last year, using Cayman Airways out of Grand Cayman.
Only one of two bags each made it to Brac, but they loaned us no-cost gear so we could dive the next morning; our bags arrived later that day.. Then we transferred to Little... same thing: only one of two bags each made it to Little, but they delayed the morning 2-tank dive the next day to a 1-tank dive, so our gear could arrive, and made the pm 1 tank dive into a 2-tank dive. So, no gear rentals needed and no losses.

We DID learn that when you check your bags for the puddle-jumper Cayman Airways flight, you can designate which bag is primary and want to have on the flight with you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom