Cayman Airways Scheduling Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure if this is the case this time but on a couple of previous trips in the Oct time, Cayman Airways took a number of their Otters out of service for annual maintenance. That impacted the Saturday flights. We ended up shifting some folks to a Sunday to Sunday schedule to accommodate the fewer flight options. I am surprised to hear these problems as I have rarely had an issue with that airline.

You need your confirmation code. Then click on "Manage Your Bookings" under the Search Flights button on the left hand side. You can pull up and review your reservation. I would make sure that your profile has a good email address in it, as each time they changed my reservation, they sent an email notifying me. Others apparently didn't get any notification, but I am not sure if they had an email attached to their reservation or maybe their junk folders ate it.

I was able to check my Cayman Air flight before I left home with my confirmation number under "manage your bookings" but after we were on GC a week, I couldn't confirm my flight to Brac - I kept getting "sorry we are having a technical problem messages".

When we were getting ready to leave Brac we tried multiple times and were still unable to confirm due to the technical error message. I tried using my ipad, iphone, and the computer in the hotel lobby and nothing worked. We finally went to the airport to confirm but that turned out to be a good thing because we were able to change flights.

Manage Your Bookings is a good tool when it works, but it is not always reliable.

After seeing this thread, and sharing it with my wife, she looked and discovered our return trip from LC has been changed to connect through Brac. No alert provided. She's calling now. This type of issue makes a dive destination much less attractive. More so on a more global basis, going to Fiji can be a nightmare and the far reaches of Indo very tough, but I want to get in and out in a rather predictable basis. Don't mind the puddle jumpers and have dealt with many funky little airports, but having only one way in and out and that source messing with your itinerary is a big turn off. Only have so many days to get in the water.

Chaseh,

If all that happened is you changed to connect through Brac, it isn't that big of a deal. They probably did it because the morning direct flight from LC to GC has been changed to only fly on Tuesdays. The flight to Brac takes about 5 minutes and it takes about 10 minutes and a trip through an xray machine to change planes on Brac. The actual flight from Brac to GC is significantly quicker than it was on the Twin Otter, so the whole production only ends up taking about 15-20 minutes longer than the direct flight from LC to GC would have been. The more concerning issue that prompted me to start the thread was that when they were in the midst of making changes to the flight schedule, they were randomly bumping people such as myself and JDCPA to completely different dates and in some cases giving us new itineraries that didn't even get us to the proper end destination, or required overnighting for one or more nights on Brac or Grand. I agree that them not telling you of the change is not good customer service, and not what I would have expected based on my past dealings with Cayman Airways, but I wouldn't let it sour you on the whole experience.

Chaseh,

If all that happened is you changed to connect through Brac, it isn't that big of a deal. They probably did it because the morning direct flight from LC to GC has been changed to only fly on Tuesdays. The flight to Brac takes about 5 minutes and it takes about 10 minutes and a trip through an xray machine to change planes on Brac. The actual flight from Brac to GC is significantly quicker than it was on the Twin Otter, so the whole production only ends up taking about 15-20 minutes longer than the direct flight from LC to GC would have been. The more concerning issue that prompted me to start the thread was that when they were in the midst of making changes to the flight schedule, they were randomly bumping people such as myself and JDCPA to completely different dates and in some cases giving us new itineraries that didn't even get us to the proper end destination, or required overnighting for one or more nights on Brac or Grand. I agree that them not telling you of the change is not good customer service, and not what I would have expected based on my past dealings with Cayman Airways, but I wouldn't let it sour you on the whole experience.

Agreed, my experience (so far, knock on wood!) hasn't been a terrible issue. They told my wife that the flight from LC to GC has be terminated and this is the only recourse for returning to GC, and because of the proximity it's not a big deal. It's more the horror stories within this thread that may scare me off from future trips. Not getting to destination on the right day (forget on time) and dive equipment not arriving is the big deal.

Dadgumit--I keep seeing this thread pop up on the 'What's New' place.........I hope everyone makes it there & back 'OK' & comes back with some UW pics to post on the 'Cayman Picture of the Day' thread........:)

I have a bunch to post...I have just been too buried in catching up on work and other chores to take the time to process them out of RAW format.

I have a bunch to post...I have just been too buried in catching up on work and other chores to take the time to process them out of RAW format.

Here's almost a hundred I did while on the island---straight out of the camera:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/80825593@N08/sets/72157648461560258/

Now that I'm home, I'm starting the (long) process of editing them(1200+ pics)...:(.............

Edit:........as soon as you can, get them on there........

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom