Cayman Brac Trip Report/BRBR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We visited BRBR in October 2008 (1.5 weeks before Paloma). We dove Friday afternoon, because our Saturday flight was an evening (6:30 PM) flight to GC (where we spent another 5 days). So we rented a car Saturday morning, intending to sightsee all morning and afternoon. We ended up turning in the car around 2 PM on Saturday afternoon, because we'd "finished" the island already. Spent some time up at the bluffs, at the lighthouse, in the botanical gardens, in the parrot reserve, walking along the ironshore. I felt silly turning it in so early, but we'd run out of things to do (and it's not like we rushed). We had already gone to the Bat Cave earlier in the week (via bicycle). We'd already sent our packed bags to the airport (per Cayman Air's request), so we didn't have our masks and fins for snorkeling.

Anyway, so my point is that I think you'll find one day is definitely enough for "seeing the island". If you want to rent one to do a couple shore dives or snorkels, that might be different.

We are really looking forward to visiting Brac in the fall!

My wife and I will be doing our first trip to Brac Reef Beach Resort Oct 1-8.
We tried for a suite, but no luck. Do they have ice/coolers available for the rooms,
and a place to buy beer/soft drinks for the room.
Thanks for the great trip report and other info.
Frank

Hey Frank!

You may want to bring one of those soft-sided coolers with you. There should be ice available from either the bar or from an ice machine. I know they have ice you can dip from inside the restaurant. I never looked for an outside ice machine but I imagine they have one. There is a small store/supermarket not to far from the resort. I'm sure you'd be able to buy stuff there but I have no idea what the prices are. They probably sell the old fashioned styrofoam coolers as well.

Thanks for the information. I have a soft sided cooler that I pack full,
then put in my duffel bag. Thanks again for the tip!!

Frank

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom