Cayman Earthquake and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PlanoDvr1

Contributor
Reaction score
Okay - so we are leaving tomorrow - heading for Little Cayman for diving ---- Yippee! But, we just saw that they had a 5.8 earthquake near Grand Cayman ... are we stupid to go ahead and go tomorrow ... should we postpone a month?

*Did the Cayman Islands make a pact with Satan too?
:eyebrow:

(*sarcasm off)

Live and work on Grand Cayman, no damage was done here the epicenter of the earthquake was located 42 miles off shore and 6 miles under the water. People here could feel it on land. I was on the dive boat when the quake hit and obviously did not feel the effects but divers that were in the water when the quake hit said they could feel the percussions go through their body. They said it felt like a REALLY big boat just passed over head.

I would not postpone your trip.

I heard there's a sink hole on the south side somewhere, is it true?

Go, and have a worry-free blast. Just don't make a mess, I am headed down next week. Besides, Little Cayman only made a pact with a lesser-demon, since the French were not involved at all.

Me and my wife are heading to Little Cayman on Saturday and meeting up with another couple. A little earthquake will not deter us from diving!

Back
Top Bottom