Central Virginia- weekday diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fish-tanked

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I live near lynchburg, and have Mon, Tue, and Wed off just about every week. Looking to dive when ever/where ever possible. Up for any dives that can be made on a day trip. (Within 3-4 hrs)

Where in MD? I have family in Alexandria, and don't have to work till Thurs afternoons... I'd make the trip and crash there if it was worth it. Also, you ever dive Milbrook quarry off of I66? I haven't been since my open water dives 5 years ago.

Lake Rawlings is about two hours from you. They're open weekdays until the end of September, after that by reservation. I'm right up the road in Amherst, give me a holler if you need a buddy. I'm working most weekdays but my schedule is unpredictable so you never know.

Lake Rawlings - A Scuba and Camping Park

Cheers,
Lilla

Hey selkie, if you're ever up for rawlings on a wednesday (half price admissions) please let me know, I'll def jump at the opportunity. There's also a quarry just across the NC state line, it's free to dive all year long, as long as you're a member of the Peidmont Dive & Rescue Association... I think membership runs about $65 and they give you a key to the place.

Last edited:
LAke Rawlings is 2 hours from LB near fort Picket. Wednesday is "hump day" and costs 12.50 vs normal 25. I will be there Sept 5th with a couple divers from northern VA. The customer service at the lake is self defeating in that they are confrontational. But it is close by and wet. Warmer than most quarries too. Don't sit on a picknic table under and awning. They will charge you another $ 15.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom