Certified divers & Students

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Except it won't, because the original poster would like to dive without a guide.

I'm sure many of us would love to grab cylinders and lead in Dahab or Nuweiba, and head out with a buddy, but that's not going to happen any time soon.

Nic

It's not in Dahab nor in Europe but I did a trip in Marsa Alam where all dive was without guide (from the house reef but also other location). You had to write on the board your time in and expected time out. That doesn't work for solo dive but you can join other group if you are alone. The thing is that if you have non diver with you, the area can be boring with nothing to do.

The reason I want to rent tanks only is to save on cost there will be 4 (Family) of us diving and at nearly €40 per dive each that works out at €160 every time I get in the water , for the kind of diving I have planned for my kids I dont need a guide . As an instructor I also have an issue with centres that sell courses telling students once your qualified you can dive unsupervised with a buddy they dont mention that they wont support you . I teach in Ireland and once you are qualified you can rent the gear or just the tanks alone go do your diving like the course promises.

its 60 euro's a week to rent in malta/gozo.
there are some great sandy beaches if you know where to go.
you will definately need a car.

i'll be there in september.

good luck on your quest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom