Channel Islands: Anacapa & Santa Cruz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wanna see the video even if it's too dang fast! I must live vicariously through your west coast diving. :D

Sorry, nothing captured on video - but I swear it happened!!

You must put Lobos on your list! I'm sure we can find an extra set of doubles :D!

So glad you had a great time, Kathy! We did Cavern Point on Santa Cruz on our last trip out there....that was an incredibly beautiful site!

So weird to see you in singles though :wink:

$120 covers a bunk for the night, breakfast, lunch and 4 recreational dives on the Spectre.

That is an awesome deal! What are the bunks and food like compared to the Santa Barbara boats?

I am also impressed with the cost, just cannot beat that... I need to talk Vassili into going with me after he completes his Essentials class...

Looks like some great dives and diving down there. Thanks for the report.

-Erik

Wow! I so want to go diving in SoCal. Someday...someday. A nice romantic get away to Catalina is on the list.

That is an awesome deal! What are the bunks and food like compared to the Santa Barbara boats?

No clue. I've never been on the Santa Barbara boats - have you? Can you tell us about them?

The Spectra had basic bunks stacked several high. Simple hot showers. It's quite functional but not luxurious.

They served a egg/bacon/cheese burrito, pastries, muffins, fruit, coffee, tea, etc for breakfast. Freshly grilled meat (chicken/beef or veggie burgers) baked potato & salad for lunch. Fresh brownies & lots of extra snacks.

There is a BBQ grill and hot tub on board.

The staff was quite friendly

Last edited:
Truth Aquatics,out of SB, Cannot say too many good things, had a fantastic time on every trip I've gone on. If I have a quibble, no nitrox fills onboard. Great food, unlimited diving as long as the gates open. great crews.

I'll roll with Truth Aquatics till the wheels fall off.

I know the food is awesome on the Truth Aquatics, I'm just worried about the diving? I had okay viz on my trip...

Nothing compared to what I've been seeing, so I want to return to get these conditions and at the cost reported, it's totally affordable...

Vassili where are you???

MG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom