Channel Islands: Anacapa & Santa Cruz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gang who is goin on Truth Aquatics trip october 21st? to channel islands, i believe some spots are available from wallins.

Truth Aquatics,out of SB, Cannot say too many good things, had a fantastic time on every trip I've gone on. If I have a quibble, no nitrox fills onboard. Great food, unlimited diving as long as the gates open. great crews.

I'll roll with Truth Aquatics till the wheels fall off.

I'm curious, do you know the cost of a day long outing. Does the fee include overnight bunks & free parking?

I'm curious, do you know the cost of a day long outing. Does the fee include overnight bunks & free parking?

I've never done the driving, but I've never been asked by the driver for anything but gas. They do accommodate overnight before departure. Never done a day outing, I've always gone on multiday boats which are the larger. I prefer the Vision. They have three boats, the Truth , the Conception ( it was pirated right out the harbor by a homeless person once and run up a beach on a military reservation. Yay! Cool piracy story!) and the Vision.

Here is more info:

Truth Aquatics: The Best In Liveaboard Diving, Island Kayaking and Hiking

Yay boats!

I've never done a one day trip on TA, but every multi-day trip I've done with them we arrived the night before and slept in the bunks overnight before departure, usually at 4am. Parking is not free, but you get a validation on your parking ticket at the Sea Landing shop on the dock and it's three bucks a day.

Cool. Looks like they offer occasional day trips but not many. But I don't see pricing on their website.

Santa Barbara is also about 20 miles closer to San Fran that Ventura, but that doesn't make that much of a difference after 300+ miles of driving :).

Worth checking into. Thanks.

Great pictures! Can't wait to head out soon (maybe as early as next weekend!).

I'm going out on the Peace boat 12/17-12/19 with another dive group, there are still spaces available. $500 for possible 15 dives, 13 day dives and 2 night dives. Parking is free, they pump Nitrox (for an extra $75 for the whole trip). You board Thursday night, start diving Friday morning in the channel islands through Sunday afternoon. Drive home Sunday night.
Hot tub, same bunk-like accomodations as discussed here, excellent food (6 meals a day) and a hot tub.
If anyone is interested I could get you hooked up with the person planning it.

Thnx for the pix,if we ever leave the Keys, Southern Calif is our next stop

Beautiful, thanks for sharing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom