Channel Islands California diving trip report August 14-19, 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Fnfalman, don't be too jealous, I'v been to SoCal twice and no Bat Rays even thought I've been looking for em. I even went to Costa Rica hopeing to see em with no luck. Sometimes you just have to wait for stuff to come to you. Also we do most of our diving at the Blue Hole here in NM, sound familliar?

Tjack,

Great report!!! I'm jealous. I've been diving in SoCal for two years and I have yet to see a real shark (non-bottom dweller type) and you saw a bunch of them. I also haven't encountered a harbor seal either.

I would love to *think* that we are special, and strange or beautiful creatures gravitate to us while we dive. However, I am not that naive. Keep diving, and keep your eyes pealed, you will run into a lot of cool stuff. A lot of divers seem to miss a lot, so situational awareness is one key.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom