Charter out of Venice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snowmaker

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I will in the area in May and thinking about getting in a few dives. Done some fossil hunting in NC and would like to try Venice. Should be easy compared to the 3 1/2 hour ride and conditions there. :D

What charters are doing these dives. I found Florida West but there weekends look pretty booked. They also don't dive on Wed. so are there any other option that someone would recommend.

Any other diving in the area. Wrecks.

Thanks

Send a message to Aristicat here on the forum. He runs a private charter, and you will get much more for your money. He only charges $40 for a 2 tank dive and is in it for the pleasure, not to make a fortune. I did a charter with him a few months ago and was really pleased. He and Florida West are the only two shows in town. Also, you can beach dive Venice. The big megs are usually in the "bone yard" about a mile off coast, but there are tons of smaller teeth and an occasional meg within reach of shore dives. If you are coming that far, I would go rent a few more tanks from Florida West, do a charter with Aristicat, and do a few dives from the beach. There are TONS of posts on here about where to dive from the beach. Look for posts mentioning "Alahambra".

I will in the area in May and thinking about getting in a few dives. Done some fossil hunting in NC and would like to try Venice. Should be easy compared to the 3 1/2 hour ride and conditions there. :D

What charters are doing these dives. I found Florida West but there weekends look pretty booked. They also don't dive on Wed. so are there any other option that someone would recommend.

Any other diving in the area. Wrecks.

Thanks

Hey Snowmaker when in May are you planning on getting down there? My dive partner and I are planning a trip in April or May, maybe we can get on your schedule and fill a Charter. Let me know your dates, I'll see what our schedule is going to be.

George

Last edited:
Yes let me know when everyone wants to get together. I cant wait.

Hey Fossilbabe we are looking at either to 4th through the 8th or the 18th through the 22nd. We want to go to the boneyard on the Monday and Friday of those weeks and are planning on shore diving the oter days. This is all assuming the spouses don't get too upset. Are you avialable any of those dates?

George

Hi all... I'm looking to do a couple of days in the Venice area around April 3-4. It would be my daughter and I. Maybe a dive off the beach one day and a charter the other.

Anyone interested in pulling a charter together one of those days?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom